Type Of Version

I'm trying to show my tags like G Dep - Special Delivery (Clean) or G Dep - Special Delivery (Dirty)
so when tag shows (edit) or {radio} in the title tag I want to change to (Clean)
I tried

Replace with regular expression
TITLE
(.)|[.]|{.*}|edit,radio,clean,Edit,Radio,Clean,EDIT,RADIO,CLEAN
$1(Clean)$2

or

TITLE
(.)|[.]|{.*}|explicit,raw,dirty,Explicit,Raw,Dirty,EXPLICIT,RAW,DIRTY
$1(Dirty)$2

it works but if the title is Special Delivery (Intro)(edit) it would change it to Special Delivery (Clean). I needed (Intro) to stay. Can anyone help?

I'll admit I don't understand your RegEx code, but this works for me.

TITLE
[{([]})]
(Clean)

RegEx is case sensitive by default, but Mp3tag reverses that by inserting the (?i) directive by default. Did you notice the checkbox?

I actually do understand how your code works. Just not why you would use it.

\(.*\)|\[.*\]|\{.*\}|edit,radio,clean,Edit,Radio,Clean,EDIT,RADIO,CLEAN $1(Clean)$2

The sections in green are what executed, the red doesn't do anything. The rest might do something with another string as you describe.

Special Delivery (Intro)(edit) it would change it to Special Delivery (Clean)

The ".*" expressions greedily match anything they find, including the ")(" within the outer pair. The last long red string has no effect on them and will only match itself. $1 and $2 do nothing because you have not defined any groups for them to reference.

I not good in writing this codes. I'm learn as I go. So thank you for your reply. I'm trying to make sure that the code finds any possibility of the version is found. The version can be all cabs, all lower case or mixed case. The most of the version for clean is clean, radio and sometime edit. I want the code to find those possibility and just put (Clean) in the title section.

Looking at your posts, I believe you might benefit by reading a RegEx tutorial in your first language. I'm sure there are many who read this forum that share yours. It would be best to start a new thread for that.

Action "Format value" ... or ... Convert "Tag-Tag" Field: TITLE Formatstring: $regexp(%TITLE%,'[({[](edit|radio|clean)[]})]','(Clean)',1) ... or ... Action "Replace using Regular Expression" Field: TITLE Regular Expression: [({[](edit|radio|clean)[]})]

Replace matches with: (Clean)
[ ] case-sensitive comparison

Test:

1 Edit Radio Clean
2 (edit) (radio) (clean)
3 (Edit) (Radio) (Clean)
4 {EDIT} {RADIO} {CLEAN}
5 [EDIT] [RADIO] [CLEAN]
==>
1 Edit Radio Clean
2 (Clean) (Clean) (Clean)
3 (Clean) (Clean) (Clean)
4 (Clean) (Clean) (Clean)
5 (Clean) (Clean) (Clean)

DD.20160227.0846.CET

I noticed that a backslash is no longer necessary when "]" shows up in a character class. Is that only if it is the first character in the class? IIRC, the earliest versions of RegEx couldn't handle the character at all, then "]" was introduced. Thanks for pointing out that it is no longer necessary.

Thanks. It works. I also created one for Dirty and Intro version...

Action: "Replace using Regular Expression"
Field: TITLE
Regular Expression: [({[]})]
Replace matches with: (Intro)

and

Action: "Replace using Regular Expression"
Field: TITLE
Regular Expression: [({[]})]
Replace matches with: (Dirty)

Is it recommend to put all these into one action? If so, what order should be or those it matter.

You can collect multiple single actions into one group of actions, and arrange them in the order of your wish, to start them at once.

DD.20160229.1957.CET

Thanks for your help guys.