Unable to get newly generated Filename->tag fields saved to files also no column headers

I just can't seem to find a way to save all these new titles and numerals to the files as track and title (artist too). I went thru all 2786 and with the exception of 145 mp3s (mostly no tag type or APE type) I was able to by using one of the following filename -> tag formats (I saved most of these as I went along):

%track%. %artist% - %title%

%track%. %artist%-%title%

%track% - %artist% - %title%

%artist% %artist% - %year% %album% - %track% - %title%

%track% - %title% - xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx

%track% - %artist% (%title%)

%track% - %artist% - %title%

I was able to get all those track numbers fields to have the track numbers in them (except those 145). inside the program here.
Now I am unable to get these items to output those track values (artist and titles as well) into the original files, which remain unchanged.
I had some settings in the wrench Options dialogue for tagging which were:
read: all three types
write: ID3v1 and ID3v2 subselection ID3v2.3 UTF -16 (just a wild stab I don't know which to choose)
Remove: none selected. I did try Removing APE but it didn't work.

After finishing this large list over several hours I don't want to update the program as it may clear my list. But I feel the program has another problem because here are no column headers (names at the tops of columns). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

To write a new filename try
Convert>Tag-Filename
Format string: $num(%track%,2) - %artist% - %title%

To remove APE tags, set on to read and remove APE tags, off to write them.
Then load the files,
Select them
Use "Delete Tag" from the right-click menu of the file list.
THen enable to read and write ID3V2 tags again.

I want the filenames to stay the same in this section (this post) before I can actually change the filenames here (not like my other post) I need to get the track number out of it...

If I was able to (as I describe in the adjacent post) get the filenames changed, I would have a better starting point for this action of getting the track number tag set. But here I am having a problem with saving that track number tag that I got out of the filename after a couple of different passes at the files. It just doesn't save these generated track numbers to the files. the original files are unchanged. Thanks for your quick replies, Hello,

good news, t did save the track names I generated. I thought it did not, but it did. Wow real timesaver. Now i just need better filenames. Real timesaver. Thanks. I'll hit you up with some cash for that yes I will. Soon. not just yet. When I find a way. Bitcoin perhaps. Thanks a tons.

See here:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.