Unicode support in replace character

It will be possible to add the unicode support to replace character function? I need this because I use ape2 tags in mp3 and use the replace character function to convert the non supported characters from ape to id3 tags. But this is not possible because the replace char function don't support unicode.

Thank you
damjang

PS: Mp3tag is the best tagging utility... :stuck_out_tongue:

damjang,

I'm sorry, but Unicode support is not planned at the moment. Mp3tag has a very large codebase now, and moving to Unicode would require ~one month of free time.

Best regards,
~ Florian

I suppose this! Anyway thank you for good work.

damjang

I'm just wondering if there are any plans at this point to implement Unicode in Mp3tag. It's a fine program, but I download Japanese music and I prefer to keep the tags in their original Japanese characters. I've been using ID3-TagIT until now and, while it's immensely robust, it doesn't edit Ogg Vorbis files. So I'm looking for a Unicode-enabled Vorbis comment editor and I'm wondering if Mp3tag will eventually be it.

Thanks.

Not in the near future.

Best regards,
~ Florian

If you need unicode support you could use jaikoz, the free trial will let you enter and see any Unicode characters you like. (www.jaikoz.net) :slight_smile:

oh yeah, unicode support would be great! :slight_smile:
best regards!
yo.