latest version tested: 2.91
what happens is that i select 100 files and go into Extended Tags (Alt-T). some files may have a particular field, and some may not. let's say 10 files have a "SOURCE" field. i select SOURCE and slick [X] to remove it.
so at this point, when i click OK, the expected behavior is that 10 files will be modified, where the "SOURCE" field is removed, and 90 files will be left alone because they do not have a SOURCE field.
what happens is that all 100 files are modified. this is evident due to:
- slow operation, mp3tag showing progress of x of 100 files..
- the modified date stamp of the all files are changed, so i presume mp3tag is rewriting the tag for every file
#1 could yield a huge improvement in performance
#2 the time stamp of each file will reflect when it was "truely" modified, not just re-written with the same information
i have tried this with AAC, MP3, FLAC, and WMA extensions. the behavior is similar for all.
- put 100 mp3 files in a folder
- select ALL
- goto extended tags (alt-T)
- create/modify tag: COMMENT with some value, click [OK]
at this point all 100 files should have COMMENT field
- select 90 files
- same as #3
- select "COMMENT" field and click [X] to remove the field; verify field value is , click [OK]
at this point 10 files have a comment field and 90 do not
- same as #2
- same as #3
- same as #7
expected behavior: modifying x out of 10