Unwanted Text added to Field (Unsynedlyrics)

I'm running out of compatible fields between programs... so I'm using the %unsyncedlyrics% field to add comments.

for some reason it adds text before my comments. Example.

I'll type Tag Finalized

becomes:

Eng|| Tag Finalized

or

|| Tag Finalized

Any idea whre this is coming from

The standard. The lyrics field has to have a 3-character language id followed by the two || as otherwise the contents would not be displayed. MP3tag is so kind to add it for you, if you forget it.
For those of us who use the field for lyrics, this is a welcome service and no unwanted text.

Thanks... Wasn't sure how it was being created.. Thanks

Hello, and non-computer language, what does it mean? I can remove eng | |
?

Yes, you can but you shouldn't if you still want to keep the information.
Any program that uses the unsyncedlyrics field expects the five characters first and then the lyrics.
The lyrics would be rendered illegible for the program if not preceeded by the 3-letter-language-code and the 2 vertical bars as separator.
If you are not sure what language code to use as some players take that literally and refuse to show anything that is not in the local language (e.g. no display on German players for lyrics with eng|| but only for lyrics with deu||) you may insert an xxx|| as dummy for any language.
See also the help
http://help.mp3tag.de/main_tags.html#USLT

See ... http://id3.org/id3v2.3.0
As defned by id3.org in the section 4.9 USLT [Unsychronized lyric/text transcription], the USLT frame header can be constructed of five or more characters.
In general it is not harmful to leave the content descriptor empty.
There may be more than one 'Unsynchronised lyrics/text transcription' frame in each tag, but only one with the same language and content descriptor.

See also ...
Adding mp3 comments results in illegal tag?

DD.20140512.1656.CEST

Vielen Dank für Ihre réponce, aber ich bekomme es. Ich denke, das geht über meine Computerkenntnisse. Aber wenn ich zu verstehen, muss ich, um die Syntax zu verlassen. Gut sehr gut. Aber beim Export die Texte in einer txt-Datei, die programe fügen Sie mich Syntax Eng || Auf den ersten. Wie kann dann nicht importieren?

Here are some proposals how to work with an UNSYNCEDLYRICS tag-field.

Mp3tag export ...
... how to output text for one file only:

$filename(%_folderpath%%_filename%'.USLT.txt',UTF-8)$if(%UNSYNCEDLYRICS%,$regexp($regexp(%UNSYNCEDLYRICS%,'\A...\|.*\|(.+)\Z','$1'),'\A[\r\n\t]*|[\r\n\t]*\Z',),)

How to remove USLT when empty ...

Begin Action Group Format UNSYNCEDLYRICS#Remove USLT when empty

Action #1
Actiontype 5: Format value
Field ______: UNSYNCEDLYRICS
Formatstring: $if($eql($regexp(%UNSYNCEDLYRICS%,'^[[:alpha:]]{3}(||)[[:space:]]*$','$1'),'||'),,%UNSYNCEDLYRICS%)

End Action Group Format UNSYNCEDLYRICS#Remove USLT when empty (1 Action)

How to set USLT language code to 'XXX' ...

Begin Action Group Format UNSYNCEDLYRICS#Set Language to 'XXX'

Action #1
Formatstring: $if($eql($mid(%UNSYNCEDLYRICS%,4,2),'||'),'XXX'$cutLeft(%UNSYNCEDLYRICS%,3),%UNSYNCEDLYRICS%)

... or better ...
Action #1
Formatstring: $if($eql($regexp(%UNSYNCEDLYRICS%,'^...(|).(|).$','$1$2'),'||'),'XXX'$cutLeft(%UNSYNCEDLYRICS%,3),%UNSYNCEDLYRICS%)

... or ...
Action #1
Formatstring: $if($eql($regexp(%UNSYNCEDLYRICS%,'^...(|).(|).$','$1$2'),'||'),$regexp(%UNSYNCEDLYRICS%,'^...','XXX'),%UNSYNCEDLYRICS%)

End Action Group Format UNSYNCEDLYRICS#Set Language to 'XXX' (1 Action)

DD.20140513.1756.CEST

Ok , thank you . This causes all recently I comprises the operation of direct modem . I apologize for my limited knowledge . So if I understand well , for me, before I was like that for exporting my lyrics :

ActionType : export

Field: txt_taglist

Formatstring : $ filename (txt , utf-8 ) $ loop (% _path %) % % unsyncedlyrics
$ LoopEnd ()

Now to remove eng | | when exporting , I must put in place:

$filename(%_folderpath%%_filename%'.USLT.txt',UTF-8)$if(%UNSYNCEDLYRICS%,$regexp($regexp(%UNSYNCEDLYRICS%,'\A...|.|(.+)\Z','$1'),'\A[\r\n\t]|[\r\n\t]*\Z',),)

By adding in the same group action :

Remove USLT When empty ...

Begin Action Group Format UNSYNCEDLYRICS # Remove USLT When empty

Action # 1
ActionType 5: Format value
Field ______ : UNSYNCEDLYRICS
Formatstring : $if($eql($regexp(%UNSYNCEDLYRICS%,'^[[:alpha:]]{3}(||)[[:space:]]*$','$1'),'||'),,%UNSYNCEDLYRICS%)

End Action Group Format UNSYNCEDLYRICS # Remove USLT When empty ( Action 1 )

Set USLT language code to 'XXX' ...

Begin Action Group Format UNSYNCEDLYRICS # Set Language to 'XXX'

Action # 1
Formatstring : $ if ($ eql ($ mid ( % UNSYNCEDLYRICS %, 4.2 ) , '| |' ) , 'XXX' $ cutLeft (% UNSYNCEDLYRICS % 3) % UNSYNCEDLYRICS %)
Or better ... ...
Action # 1
Formatstring : $if($eql($regexp(%UNSYNCEDLYRICS%,'^...(|).(|).$','$1$2'),'||'),'XXX'$cutLeft(%UNSYNCEDLYRICS%,3),%UNSYNCEDLYRICS%)
Gold ... ...
Action # 1
Formatstring : $if($eql($regexp(%UNSYNCEDLYRICS%,'^...(|).(|).$','$1$2'),'||'),$regexp(%UNSYNCEDLYRICS%,'^...','XXX'),%UNSYNCEDLYRICS%)

End Action Group Format UNSYNCEDLYRICS # Set Language to 'XXX' ( Action 1 )

And with all that, it should take me at my export lyrics, the widget eng | |

Well, I 'm curious to know how you did it to find lines of code. I think we have serious KNOWLEDGE computer and get help in another forum. That said, thank you.

It is not necessary, that you replicate my forum post entirely in your own post.
I can not understand your statements and your needs.
Please use http://translate.google.com to communicate in english language.

Some more advices:

• Try to understand what 'tagging' is, especially 'ID3 tagging', especially what data is stored into the tag-field UNSYNCEDLYRICS (ID3 frame USLT).
    See ... http://id3.org/id3v2.3.0

• Then try to understand how this data field must be used when writing or reading by Mp3tag.
    Mp3tag stores USLT data into the UNSYCEDLYRICS tag-field this way ...
    Language code|Content descriptor|Lyrics text
    This is the complete representation which is technically needed, wherein the 'content descriptor' may not exist.
    There may be more than one 'USLT Unsynchronised lyrics/text transcription' frame in each tag, but only one with the same language and content descriptor.

• If you personally have the need to extract only the lyrics text from the tag-field, then you have to apply some features from the Mp3tag scripting language.
    Simply spoken ... you have to cut off the leading characters from the stored lyrics text to get rid of the language code and the content descriptor.

• If the 'content descriptor' is empty, then you can apply the function $cutLeft() and cut off 5 characters from the left edge of the UNSYNCEDLYRICS data string, ...
    for example ... cut off the part 'eng||' from the left edge of the text.

$cutLeft(%UNSYNCEDLYRICS%,5)
  • If you need a more general solution, then try out my other proposals from above in this thread.

DD.20140515.1518.CEST