User defined shortcut keys

I've searched hi and lo in the online help, all the menu structures and forums. Can't find anything on this topic. What I'm looking for, or a new feature if it does not exist already, is the ability to assign a function key to my user defined actions.

I would be happy with just one or two of these .... using a key that is not already assigned in the list of keys under "Keyboard Shortcuts" ... there seem to be many unused keys I could use.

That would be handy. I'd also like to some day see a user customizable button bar and the ability to tie custom buttons to action groups.

If you're not already aware of it, you can quickly execute one action group by using the drop-down arrow next to the :mt_act: Actions button and then selecting the action group name from the list.

I would like to add that there is also the option to add an ampersand to a letter in an action's name.
If you use "&Import art" as a name, then the combination -A-I would start that action. THis is one keystroke more that a combination with ...