Using a part of a tag to set another tag

Hi all,

This is my first message on this forum. The reason I joined is because I have a lot of files that belong to the same overall album that I want to change the tags for in bulk. There are a couple of things that I could not figure out how to do and I wondered if someone could help me.

I have 742 mp3s in a folder and these files are distributed among many subfolders. Each file name is in the format "nnn- " where nnn is a unique number from 000 to 742 and is a variable length string.

Here's what I am trying to achieve

I would like to set the track number to nnn (with the slight modification of this requirement as noted below under *)

The second thing I'd like to do is set the title. The title for all the files is the same text. I'd it to change to that text followed by space followed by nnn (with the slight modification of this requirement as noted below under *)

• For any nnn that has leading zeros I want to remove those leading zeros. So for instance where nnn is 007, I'd the track number to be 7, where nnn is 025 I like the track number to be 25 and where nnn is 562 I'd like the track number to be 562.

Thanks

Sachin

To get the tracknumber (and the title) from the filename use the converter filename - tag with the mask
%track% - %title%

To pad the track number, use the converter tag-tag for TRACK and the mask
$num(%track%,3)

To set the title to a pattern of "same text" plus the track number use the converter tag-tag and the mask
Same Text $num(%track%,3)