Is it possible to do this, or a way to trigger opening a tool for the next file when the tool program is closed. This would help speed up a lot of clicks and editing time
There is an option to use a tool for all selected files, please see the documentation:
How does that option works? As it isn't change anything with AlbumArtDownloader program used as the tool. It open the first item and then nothing more
AFAIK a sort of playlist is generated and forwarded to the program - and the program has to be able to interpret it. Otherwise you have to call the program on a file-by-file basis.
For AAD I would start a separate session or use the dedicated web source scripts to get covers.
Do you know any web source script that can do that. I have tried the Genius one [WS] Genius (Lyrics) - #77 by Arcane but that's still needs the files select individually and more inconvenient with it not replacing the front cover and adding on.
MP3tag works on a per album basis.
You cannot select your whole collection and then let MP3tag find different and individual covers for the selected files.
I'm not expecting that. I asking if it was possible to have it open the tool/webscript for each file I selected, like if I did it individuality. So I can avoid moving the mouse as much and save clicks reopening the tool and selecting the new file when going through large lists.
I found for Album Art Downloader I just need to have /new in the parameters so it didn't replace the old window and for select files works as expected
Would it work if you used it with 10 selected files at once, using the /new parameter?
It does. The files are added to AlbumArtDownloaders queue so that the search and window only shows when a previous one is closed. It can be customized in the queue manager how many windows/search it does at the same time.