Using Part of Filename as Title - Almost there need one step help

Hey guys,

I had an album with terrible tagging so I removed all data.

It still has the default filenames as for example "01 - Into The Future.mp3"

I have managed to get the title to "- Into The Future" using:

Convert > filename - tag > %dummy% %title%

Is there anyone who can help me with the correct code to also get rid of the leading dash? so I can end up from "01 - Into The Future.mp3" to "Into The Future"

Thanks!!

You can use:

Alt + 3, in old filename: %1 - %2, and in the new one %2, this if you want to change the filename.

If you want to change the title, you have to do: Convert > filename - tag > %dummy% - %title%

Hope this help

Thank you for your suggestion. I think what you gave me was how to change the Filename. I am trying to change the Title. If the Filename is "01 - Into The Future.mp3" ....how will I change the TITLE to "Into The Future" ?

I want to get rid of the "01 - ".

Thank You!

Try this: Convert > filename - tag > %dummy% - %title%

I'd like to use this approach to change title on all tracks, but the Convert->Filename-Tag opens up with OK and Preview button greyed out. Could you please advise how to enable it?

Looks like your files are not formatted like you say they are. One way around this is to use:

Begin Action Group _Script Test#TEST

Action #1 Actiontype 5: Format value Field ______: TITLE Formatstring: $regexp(%_filename%,'^\d+\s*-+\s*(.+)','$1')

End Action Group _Script Test#TEST (1 Action)

It will work as long as the files begin with a number and a '-' They don't have to contain a whitespace between the '-'. The rest of the file can be like

FILENAME >>> TITLE
01-The Hives- A.K.A. I-D-I-O-T.mp3 >>> The Hives- A.K.A. I-D-I-O-T 01 - The Hives- A.K.A. I-D-I-O-T.mp3 >>> The Hives- A.K.A. I-D-I-O-T
and it will still work.

You would have to enter a mask before one of the buttons becomes active.
The previous posts show you the syntax.
THe dialogue itself has a preview so you can see if you use a suitable mask.