Various Artists

I am so excited to have found Mp3tag, It is the first product I have used that allows me to display my over 7000 mp3s how I want in my Squeezebox and Zen W. There is one thing, though, I have not been able to figure out, even after browsing through this forum.

I have a lot of compilation albums. I want to list the artist as VARIOUS ARTISTS and I want the TITLE to display the track name AND the track artist, since it is far more likely I would be browsing by track title if searching for something from a compilation. This is also important so when searching by ARTIST, the list does not include every artist on every compilation. It only shows ARTISTs where I have the entire CD in the library.

I can download the information correctly in MP3tag if I can find a website that lists the compilation track title with TITLE and ARTIST, in that order, in the TITLE field. If the website only downloads the track title in the order of ARTIST and TITLE, it doesn't display how I want - even if I click the UTILS button and click COMPILATION. I also tried changing the UTILS - COMPILATION field from %artist% / %title% to %title% / %artist% but all that does is revert the format to separate fields for TITLE and ARTIST.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

P.S. I am using 2.41

Utils > compilation is not the way for your problem.
You should use a "Format value" action to "fix" your tags (after the online tagging).

E.g.
Action type: Format value
Field: TITLE
Formatstring: %title% - %artist%

turns
TITLE: Title Bla
ARTIST: Artist Blu
into
TITLE: Title Bla - Artist Blu