Basically, I just had an in-dash DVD Player installed in my car that will play MP3 files from SD Cards. I did a test with 2 MP3 files (already had Album Art embedded), and the DVD Player shows the Album Art on the screen, which is what I am wanting. Unfortunately, I have 100s of MP3s that do not have the Album Art embedded. I downloaded Album Art Downloader to find the Album Art and Mp3tag for embedding the Album Art. Here are the directions that I have:
1. Open Album Art Downloader
2. File > New > File Browser...
3. Enter path to music directory under "Search for audio files in:"
4. Click Search
5. Click Options...
6. Click "Automatically download and save the first result that meets set criteria"
7. Click "Select all albums with missing artwork"
8. Click "Get Artwork for Selection..."
9. Click "Download and save results automatically"
10. If desired, change minimum required image size to 300 px and allowed cover types to Front
11. Click Start
- Open MP3Tag
- Actions > Actions (Quick) > "Import cover from file" > OK
- Format string for image filename: Folder.jpg
Album Art Downloader does a great job of finding the Album Art, but I am having a problem with Mp3tag. Step 14 above says to 'Format string for image filename: Folder.jpg', but it doesn't work. It actually embeds the Album Art from a previous Album. I am assuming this is because EVERY album would be named the same (Folder.jpg), correct? Is there a way to set it up so that it embeds the correct Album Art? It seems like these two programs could do what I am wanting, but I just don't know how to set everything up. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!
On a side note, I have several MP3 files that DO NOT have Album titles. They either say 'Album', or 'Unknown Album'. Is there a program that will automatically edit the Album names by using the song titles? I am sure this isn't possible, but thought I would ask.