What's causing this issue?

Hopefully you get what I'm talking about.

Okay, so, this has been happening to me for a while now, but I only just found out what was going on. It's a very small thing, but still enough to annoy me.

When I try to select a certain point in a song, it instead skips ahead to a different point in the song. Sometimes seconds, sometimes almost the whole damn song.

Just to give a better example, if I click at 50 seconds, instead it'll be 1 minute and 4 seconds into the song.

What seems to trigger this happening, is when I apply album art to the file, or edit it in any other way in mp3tag.

No clue why that is, and was wondering if anyone here does.

The problem still remains when I remove the album art.

The files are FLAC.

Perhaps this thread (and the mentioned toll) helps:
Problem changing tags on one FLAC album (purchased from Zunior)

Gosh, thanks for the help but now I'm just confused at how to use metaflac... I get that I need cmd... I just have no clue how to use that.

No idea how to check for ID3 tags either...
(sorry)

There should be a column more to the right that tells you which tags are found in a file.
Ideally, there are only flac tags in a flac file.
I think you can cut an paste tags where the pasting only pastes the valid tags back.

You get a command shell with Windows-key-R for the execute box. there type "cmd.exe".

If a flac file has problems with the audio part, then this is usually no business of MP3tag but of the header information that has been written during encoding. So either you encode the files again or check them with metaflac. But for the handling of metaflac, please refer to their help pages.

Okay, well, found that first part and it's just "FLAC" there.

But I seriously can't figure out how to add a file to edit into metaflac. Looked all over for how to do this, but can't seem to find it.

I know how to get the program going, just not in a way so it's gonna edit flac files.