When processing a song fails a temp directory is left

When mp3tag fails to process a song a temp directory is created and left hanging around.

Error:

Cannot write tags to file "01 Bullet Catch.m4a" in folder "Bullet Catch - Single"

Directories created:

01 Bullet Catch.m4a.sb-e612fab9-9BPbXm
01 Bullet Catch.m4a.sb-e612fab9-hjrZKb
01 Bullet Catch.m4a.sb-e612fab9-HNUr2s
01 Bullet Catch.m4a.sb-e612fab9-vMVEqG

Is there anyway to have to have it remove the directories it creates after a processing failure?

Thanks.

Thanks! Do you know what caused Mp3tag to not be able to write to the file?

I actually don't know. Is there a way to debug this if I wanted to find out? My music collection is all purchased music from iTunes. I re-downloaded the album from iTunes and it was able to process it but that doesn't really tell me why mp3tag is having issues.

Thanks.

I thought that it's caused by another process locking the file and was interested in the circumstances.

If it's a specific file that causing trouble, it's always possible to send me the file for analyzing purposes.

I ended up running exiftool with a find across my entire collection of music and it turns out iTunes has been randomly sending me a DRM protected file which was causing mp3tag to fail. I'm having to go back to iTunes and re-download the songs that were sent with DRM. None of the music I buy from iTunes should have DRM. This fixes the issue I was seeing.

find . -name "*m4a" -exec exiftool -a {} ; | egrep -e "Audio Format|Directory|File Name" | grep drms -B3

Thanks again for the help.

I've fixed this with Beta 12. Thanks for reporting!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.