Windows 7 explorer doesn't show tags

Hi, I'm new here, made this account so I can ask this question since I find it really annoying.
First, I've been using this program for a while and I really like it and have never had this issue.

Suddenly my windows 7 doesn't want to display the files' tags when in the folder. Mp3tag shows them, MediaInfo option has them, other computers have them, my phone reads them, they are there but windows explorer doesn't.

I've read a lot of things and tried them but they didn't work.

Checked tags

Tags

My files and folders have that option checked in the properties as well.

Also when I try to edit the files from explorer and I choose 'save' or whatever it is in the english version, it displays error 0x80004005 Unspecified error
I used that to google and I found some solutions that didn't do anything.

Any other ideas for this?

Go to View > Customize columns and make sure "Tag" is checked.

Post a screen shot of the Tag column for some of your problem files.

It is and I was trying different things with it and it didn't do anything. It's not that some file are problematic actually, all of them are :astonished:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/srjcgx5evotv5mp/mp3tag3.JPG?dl=0

Try running some of your files through Mp3 Diags to see if any errors show up.

I can't see the pictures. Please include them in this forum.
Are your tags of Version 2.4? If so: WE does not read V2.4 tags. It has to be V2.3 or lower.

I haven't tried any other software for this so far since I wasn't sure if the programs were safe

Can't you click on them? But that's actually what they show since a lot of people had said so I posted them to show it's not that.

So you can definitely rule out that you have V2.4 tags?
If the v2.3 tags also do not work, you will have to repair the files e.g. with mp3val (google to find a source that appears safe enough for you).

Please store pictures into this forum, not elsewhere in the world.
This guarantees an everlasting binding to your message text.

DD.20140904.1120.CEST

They are v2.3 tags and nothing shows in the explorer.
mp3val didn't work, most files were fine, a few had problems, it fixed them and didn't do anything in explorer.
What I also don't understand is what caused the problem and why it suddenly happened

Setup Mp3tag in the Mpeg section to discard all APE tag reading and writing.
Take one file and remove the APE tag, try it out in explorer.

DD.20140904.1314.CEST

Tried that too, a few times, still nothing in explorer :frowning:
this is what it shows for that file

I am not quite sure what you mean by what should show up in the explorer.
Do you want to see the artist, title and stuff in separate columns in the explorer file list?
Do the column names already show these properties but the column remains empty or isn't the column heading there at all?

if the latter is the case then right-click on the folder, select "Properties" from the context menu und go to tab folder "Adapt" (my translation).
In this tab folder you can set a template for the folder. It should be "music and pictures" and not "data".
See if this does any good.

[quote="ohrenkino, post:12, topic:16106"] I am not quite sure what you mean by what should show up in the explorer. Do you want to see the artist, title and stuff in separate columns in the explorer file list? Do the column names already show these properties but the column remains empty or isn't the column heading there at all?

if the latter is the case then right-click on the folder, select "Properties" from the context menu und go to tab folder "Adapt" (my translation).
In this tab folder you can set a template for the folder. It should be "music and pictures" and not "data".
See if this does any good.
[/quote]

This is what mp3tag shows for tags for the file that I edited, the screenshot
Explorer is all set as like it has always been, columns are there with no info though, folder options are as they should be. It has always been like that, I checked again when this problem happened, but everything is normal, settings are fine. Also all the files are in the Music library. Something just happened and explorer doesn't want to read the info that is already there anymore.

Attach a "problem" file to your next post.
Maybe other users can reproduce your experience.

If you google that problem you find that also dbPoweramp apparently interferes with WE and the properties dialogue.
Others report that a disc scan (sfc /scannow) solved the case.
More suggestions tell about a C:\windows\system32\shmedia.dll which has to get registered again with regsvr32 shmedia.dll.
Take your pick.

Maybe Explorer has a problem with the property handler.
Maybe there is some help ...
http://shellfix.nirsoft.net/shell_problems_list.html

DD.20140904.2004.CEST

I've already tried (sfc /scannow) several times, found no problems.
I tried different .dll's that I found on other forums and this one shmedia.dll doesn't load

Also when I try to edit the files from explorer and I choose 'save' or whatever it is in the english version, it displays error 0x80004005 Unspecified error
I used that to google and I found some solutions that didn't do anything.

I looked through the list but couldn't really find it but I'll look again

Error 0x80004005 is almost always a permissions issue. Who knows???

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5413585...-code0x80004005

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914232/en-us
•A third-party backup utility or an antivirus program interferes with the installation of Windows XP.
•A file that WPA requires is manually modified.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282747/en-us
Error Message When You Run Regsvr32.exe on 64-Bit Windows

https://regsvr64.codeplex.com/
Regsvr64 is a developer tool that simplifies registration of COM DLLs across platforms.

DD.20140905.1010.CEST

That error actually disappeared because I was trying lots of things and now there's another error
0x80004002
it says that has something to do with windows update so I'm gonna try that as well

my computer says no such interface supported

I guess I'll have to re install everything even though I would prefer finding out what happened