Wino having trouble with Action menu

EDIT: Never mind, I kind of have it going. I have no idea what was going on. Oh well. Mods, feel free to delete this post.

This is probably out of court for this forum, but I've been a long-time MP3Tag user (even sent the developer a book from Amazon.de), but these days I'm mostly a Linuxoid. So I installed Mp3Tag 2.38 on my desktop machine, Debian Etch stable. I stuck gdiplus.dll in the right directory and it mosly sorta works, but I can't get the Action menu to work. Initially it would display the dialogue box but not allow me to check the items. After further monkeying it wouldn't even do that much. From the command line I get this:

MP3Tag works fine on my other machines (using different distros). I'm not sure if I used other versions, but I think I used 2.37, which doesn't seem to be available anymore. Is there some place to download older versions other than 2.32, which also seems to have issues (Wine is configured for Win2000, not 9x)?

BTW, I couldn't install wine-utils because of a dependency issue, though it shouldn't be necessary? And after futzing around with the Debian stable repository version of Wine, 0.9.31, I decided to delete it and instead use a later stripe of wine, wine_0.9.36:

http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/archive/de...an~4.0_i386.deb

It didn't seem to make a difference.

Any winos out there with an idea what might be going on?

I'm using Ubuntu, and I guess I'm lucky in this case. The version of wine in the repositories installs without a hitch here, though I think they may have had issues in previous releases. (I'm on feisty now)

I think you can get debs from www.winehq.org.

In version 0.9.33 of wine, mp3tag works on my machine without a hitch after installing, I'm not sure why you were copying the .dll.

Actually, the Mp3Tag installer asks to download the dll. And it actually downloaded it to the right directory, which was impressive, considering it is not a native Linux program. If you search the forum you'll see that at least with earlier versions of Mp3Tag/Wine gdiplus.dll was actually necessary, though apparently it no longer is.

Feisty sure is a heck of an OS. But I'm visiting my mother and decided to set up her machine to dual boot, since I'm sick of her buggy Windows XP install and I figured Debian Stable was a better choice than a non-Long Term Support version of Ubuntu since regular Ubuntu releases are only supported for 18 months and I only visit home a couple of times a year. And if you want to upgrade Ubuntu you need to go through each intervening version, so I'd find myself upgrading the OS every time I visited, which seems excessive. Actually, if she'd had a DVD burner I would have downloaded CentOS and been done upgrading the core OS until something like 2014.