WMP11 Only Reading ID3v1 Tags

First off, I want to say I love Mp3tag. I've been using it for the past two years or so with a temporary lapse of Mediamonkey in the middle, but I saw the light and I'm using it again. Here's my problem though:

Any tag editing I do is shown in real time in WMP11. Great, I love it. However, it's only showing the changes done to the ID3v1 tags. Any extended tags or tags over the name length limit just don't show up. In other words I have "The Devil and God Are Raging I" instead of "The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me".

Here's what I've tried:

• ID3v2.3 Unicode
  • ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1
  • ID3v2.4
  • removing ID3v1 tags completely
The first three did nothing, and the last one just made all the tags disappear. The funny thing is, I fixed a problem last night by switching to ID3v2.4.

I'm running Vista RTM Ultimate and WMP11 Final. Any help would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: This is really weird. I was just continuing to go through the cycle of the different tag formats, and all of a sudden, after it not working 2 or 3 times, ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 suddenly works. Can anyone tell me how to get ID3v2.4 tags working with WMP11? They were last night...

EDIT 2: And ID3v2.3 stop working. It's back to exclusively reading ID3v1. What is going on?

You should know that WMP does not read ID3v2.4 at all.
If you give it a file with ID3v2.4 and make changes on it WMP creaets a second ID3v2.3 tag and that might cause even more trouble.
So use only ID3v2.3 and maybe you need to delete the whole id3v2 tag before you start trying again.

Yikes. Yeah, I'm doing a major overhaul of my library anyways, so I may as well just start over. Thanks for the help.