Writing the Genre inReverse

Hello my friends.

I have this problem that MP3tag App gives me the info for genre in reverse when usng the Tag source scripts by Steve. for example, if we have "Electro House", it writes it as "house Electro".

Could you please guide me finding a solution to this problem? :rolleyes:

Not the answer but .... I've grown to like the reversal once I understood. FWIW.

It's about metadata scaffolding... My sense is that DJs or those w/audio libraries built to be remixed or full of remixes do that reversal to make finding similar sub-groups easier, e.g., all the "House" tracks have proximity.

But I haven't modded one of his WS in a while and I still struggle w/parsing and MP3Tag's scripting language (as wellas RegEx) so I can't attest if only need to mod in one or more *.src files although I see the relevant transformation in lines 230-232 of my find by ID (&Beatport by ... #stevehero v4.0#RELEASE Direct by &BEATPORT_RELEASE_ID.src.txt)

# GENRE
    regexpreplace ",\"genres\":\[.+?name\":\"([^\"]+)[^]]+\]" "trackGenre>>$1>"              # Fix
    regexpreplace "(trackGenre>>)(Dee|Ele|Min|Pro|Tec)(.+?)\s?(House)?.{0}>" "$1$4 $2$3>"    # 'Progressive House' to 'House Progressive'
    replace "trackGenre>>House Progressive>" "trackGenre>>House Prog>"                       # 'Progressive House' to 'House Prog'
#

Sorry. You can gt sense of problem with the array of Beatport genres users request forum.

I do not want to interfere with that script.
But if you want to do some post-processing then you can apply an action of the type "Replace with regular expression" for GENRE
Enter as search string: (.) (.)
Replace with: $2 $1

This action swaps the sequence in any two-word construction in genre.

Replace:

# GENRE
regexpreplace ",\"genres\":\[.+?name\":\"([^\"]+)[^]]+\]" "trackGenre>>$1>"              # Fix
regexpreplace   "(trackGenre>>)(Dee|Ele|Min|Pro|Tec)(.+?)\s?(House)?.{0}>"   "$1$4 $2$3>"    # 'Progressive House' to 'House Progressive'
replace "trackGenre>>House Progressive>"   "trackGenre>>House Prog>"                       # 'Progressive   House' to 'House Prog'

With:

# GENRE
# regexpreplace ",\"genres\":\[.+?name\":\"([^\"]+)[^]]+\]" "trackGenre>>$1>"              # Fix
# regexpreplace   "(trackGenre>>)(Dee|Ele|Min|Pro|Tec)(.+?)\s?(House)?.{0}>"   "$1$4 $2$3>"    # 'Progressive House' to 'House Progressive'
# replace "trackGenre>>House Progressive>"   "trackGenre>>House Prog>"                       # 'Progressive   House' to 'House Prog'

Notice the # at the start of the new lines which in turn disable that command so to speak.