[WS] Deezer

This is a web source script for Deezer, a popular music streaming service.

It is particularly useful when looking to get information about the people involved in the music creation process of an album and its tracks, such as composers, lyricists, producers, engineers, and the like. Specifically, these are the tag fields parsed by the script:

COVER; ALBUMARTIST; ALBUM; YEAR; PUBLISHER; UPC; ARTIST; TITLE; TRACK; DISCNUMBER; ISRC; ITUNESADVISORY; COMPILATION

And optionally, when available:

COMMENT; COMPOSER; LYRICIST; CONDUCTOR; INVOLVEDPEOPLE

You can try it and make suggestions or tell me how to improve it. Enjoy!

Deezer v1.0.src (18.9 KB)

Changelog
[2019-05-25] v1.0  Initial release
6 Likes

Because I like to have the discnumber in the track too, I prefer tracknumber-formats like
101/11 (for the first track of the first disk),
201/11 (for the first track of the secornd disk)
Could you tell me how to change your script to achieve this? Otherwise I have to work over this manually after using the script.

Another point:
Would it be possible to display the number of tracks of an album in the overview where you choose the album?

Thanks for this great script. It is a pity that so many scripts are abandoned by their authors by some time (i.e. Spotify). So I am glad about every new script.

Hi,

wow, thank you for your work but i miss the tag field "genre". there is no content
can you install that?

I'll take a look into it, but these minor modifications involving numbers are harder to implement than it sounds because of the limitations of the Web Sources Framework.

I understand you, as I also like tuning my scripts to my liking so their output follows my preferred tag fields structure, but creating a lot of scripts with these kind of minor changes makes future updates to the script a bit of a nightmare. The best way to go in these situations is an Action, you shouldn't have to do it manually.

Unfortunately, this is not possible as Deezer's search results web page doesn't include this information so the script can't parse it.

Unfortunately, this is not possible as Deezer doesn't provide the genre information for any album so the script can't parse it. It's not a script error.

Try this modified version of my script and tell me if it's what you are looking for:

Deezer v1.0 (poster mod).src (21.4 KB)

I've marked the modified sections using comments starting with this string: ### Poster mod
As I told you, when these scripts have to deal with number formatting it's not as simple as a one-liner change :grimacing:. There are several changes scattered through the code.

Great work vikaesar :+1: :heart:
Just a quick request please, is it possible to add the following (so it matches more closely the tags you get on flac from deezer?):
ARTISTS
BARCODE
COPYRIGHT
EXPLICIT
LABEL
LENGTH
MEDIA
SOURCE
SOURCEID

Thank you in advance

Yes, I can write a modified version of the script to output some of those tags, which are commonly used with audio file formats using Vorbis comments for tagging purposes such as FLAC, instead of the ones currently used.

I don't know if Deezer provides all of them, though. What are SOURCE and SOURCEID used for? Also, why a LENGTH tag?

Can you give me an example that shows how they would be filled for a sample album?

Thank you for your prompt response vikaesar :+1:
I have messaged the relevant info/example.