[WS] Discogs ALL

Update! First post, as always.

Awesome changes )

Why, what did I miss?

Why would I need to run an action script? If that is the case, then you are lazy - you can perform the regex in the tag sources script to remove and fix the tags.

Also, you didn't answer my point about the x/y track format.

Yea, I was thinking about that a lot, but:

1. Running regepx inside actions is a lot faster than in websource, i.e. big box set releases took 5+ seconds to run the whole script and 5+ to start it.
  2. Not everything can be done inside websource, like writing "|" to a tag is impossible, and working with multi-line values like NOTES is very hard, because each time you change line all your replace and regexp changes are reset.
  3. Personally I always run renaming files action, so it does not matter whether whole tagging is done in websource or not.
  4. Usually people like to tune script a bit (like You), so easiest and fastest way to do that is through actions.

About xx/XX track - add action at the end of "1. Discogs_XML"
Format value
TRACK
%TRACK%[/%TOTALTRACKS%]

ignore previous message about "|" thing, I fixed it :slight_smile:

I wonder if there a way to determine and do not output empty variables (i.e. DISCNAME) for single releases?

I mean empty fields or fields with "||" only..

like:

many thanks for your hard work, really nice script!

Download Mp3tag 2.44h
/t/455/1
It fixes all these issues.

thanks, dano!

Needed tip , if possible
Now we always write BAND field. Any way to write this only for various artist release?

UPD. Evrika), I think I can change this in script source, NP.

small bugs)
wrong disc number (always 1)
wrong mediatype,totaltracks, totaldisc for 1433718 release (with bonus disc) (lol good, that now we have one field for credits). 1472915 - another release with bonus, but here all right (for statistic )).
777777 release have track numbers trouble
for hard 892405 release one small glitch - dot in totaltracks

Bugs exclusively for bug-hunting, me they do not interfere)

just for fun - monster release :flushed:

Thanks, Pufas.

I understand now.

Pufas,

Why did you change the style of grabbing the tags between 1.23 and 2.0? Was it only because big releases, like +5 CD's where getting slow? The reason I ask is that I'm not really convinced the new way is better... I really loved how all the different roles where split into separate tags. That gave me the opportunity to populate the "main" tags like I wanted. For instance I populated BAND with ARTIST or FEATURING and/or VOCALS, I don't see how I can do that with the 2.0 style of tagging...

Still, I of cause love what you have done/are doing! Thanks!

lol, never seen so much credits.
I'm having so problems with removing dupe fields, so new version might be bit delayed, when i'll fix all these bugs i'll post 2.02. btw, if you find any new bugs, let me know.

another bug, when tagging digital release (MP3/WAV), like this one:

http://www.discogs.com/Simon-Holmes-Now-Is...release/1517191

I get an error..

remove # TOTALTRACKS section from script.

That's because adding more and more roles to the script was not very 'smart'. I think it was developing wrong way. About that FEATURING and/or VOCALS thing, try using format value MIXARTIST or DJMIX as a template.

OK, I understand the problem you where facing, I'll have a look at MIXARTIST & DJMIX to try and learn how to do it. What about AUTHOR/WRITTEN BY on a track level, will MIXARTIST & DJMIX teach me how to do that too? Regards! //Windjammer

As you can see, "Bonus" is written in italic, this means it's a freetext (custom value) and it's not shown in xml, so it's nothing I can do about it.

Here, I've done if for You, use this template, it will extract info both from overall & per track.
Format value:
VOCALS
$replace($regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp($replace($replace($replace($regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp($replace($replace(%CREDTMP%%CRTMP%,,),,),'['^<']'?,),'['^<']'?,),'['^>']'?Vocals'['^<']'?,Vocals),('['^>']'?)Vocals,<name>\1</name>Vocals),'['^<']'?,),'['^<']'?,),</name><name>,;),<name>,;),</name>,;),;('['^;']'?);\1;,;\1;),;('['^;']'?);(.?;)\1;,;\1;\2),;('['^;']'?);\1;,;\1;),;('['^;']'?);(.?;)\1;,;\1;\2),;('['^;']'?);\1;,;\1;),;('['^;']'?);(.?;)\1;,;\1;\2),;('['^;']'?);\1;,;\1;),;('['^;']'?);(.*?;)\1;,;\1;\2),^;,),;'$',),;,',' )

Btw, posted v2.02 and we still have issues with TOTALTRACKS with boxets and CD / DVD releases.
EDIT: v2.03.

Good job Pufas thanks man

You're not thinking about the inclusion in MIXARTIST field "Mixed by" role (like in 202429 release) ? Perhaps it would be convenient

No, I think I'll leave it for Remix only.

NP

I just can't find more bugs :w00t:

) small bug

35810 release - error in DISCNAME for last track