[WS] Discogs (pone mod)

Discogs Pone Create ParserScriptAlbum Standard.zip (10.9 KB)
I've made a fix. Maybe it is not complete yet but feel free to try.
Copy this .mte file to your export folder (overwrite existing file) and create the scripts again.

3 Likes

Create the scripts? I'm not sure how to go about doing this. :thinking:

That's explained in the first post. Since everyone can create their own version I don't know what script you use. Even if they have the same name, they can have different ouputs.

If you need a specific script fixed then please show me where I can download it.

1 Like

This is the one I use.Discogs__Pone__Direct_by_Discogs__ID.src (16.5 KB)

Ok try this one. Discogs__Pone__Direct_by_Discogs__ID.zip (4.6 KB)

1 Like

Looks good, Thanks!!!

Oh! How to fix my script?

Discogs Release ID Extended.src (22.8 KB)

How to fix your scipts manually:

In the script below this comment:
## combine anv joiners => anv joined #

replace
regexpreplace "\"join\": \"([^\}]+?)\", ([^\}]*?)\"anv\": \"([^\}]+?)\"" "\"join\": \"$1\", \"anv joined\": \"$3$1\", $2\"anv\": \"$3\""
with
regexpreplace "\"anv\": \"([^\}]+?)\", ([^\}]*?)\"join\": \"([^\}]+?)\"" "\"join\": \"$3\", \"anv joined\": \"$1$3\", $2\"anv\": \"$1\""
3 Likes

Thanks Dano!

It now enters the artist names again.
And all the old script tweaks are still working as well.
Awesome.

This is how I did it. It might be of use to any others...
Used the file from Discogs Pone Create ParserScriptAlbum Standard.zip (posted by Dano 4 days ago);
replaced the file with the same name in [AppData>Roaming>Mp3tag>export];
opened and selected the Discogs Pone 4 Web Script Settings.mp3 file from [AppData>Roaming>Mp3tag] in Mp3tag (make sure to select it):
then go to Menu Actions>Discogs Pone> Create scripts... Thats it!

1 Like

Ok I have now added my fix to the script package. I also fixed most of the searches. (requires latest Mp3tag version)
Discogs_Pone_Mod_4.4_update_2020-06-21.zip (48.3 KB)

7 Likes

Thanks for update @dano. Everything works fine.
Is there any way to changing "va" to "Various Artists"? I can't find out that option.

In the "Discogs Pone 4 Web Script Settings.mp3" file there is the tag field ARTIST NAMES
It has this line
- repleace album artist "Various" with >va
So after the > sign you can change va to Various Artists

2 Likes

@dano Oh, didn't see that immediately, sorry. I appreciate your help. Script is awesome!

2 Likes

@dano

these screenshots show before and after running the search script .. this is what gets populated when i try to search by album artist + whatever (title, album, etc)

More info: I just updated from a previous ponemod and mp3tag version that i hadnt used in like 3 years. after installing your latest package, I took a quick look at the settings/tag fields in the mp3 after running the settings update, and I didnt see anything too crazy, it looked pretty much the same as i had it configured before (although im sure there are some new fields or other changes.. i just havent looked too closely at them bc im happy with the way i already had it setup).. but when i try to run the script to search by album artis + album, or album artist + title.. both of them result in this type of syntax in the search dialog.. can you diagnose this?

1 Like

Yes I had an error in these two searches. Try this update
Discogs_Pone_Mod_4.4_update_2020-08-26.rar (48.3 KB)

1 Like

@dano
thanks, ill give it a shot in the morning. cheers

Not sure when this started happening.. maybe i screwed something up in the settings before generating the scripts? idk.. but for some reason the ARTIST is only applying to every other track, and the track_credits field is not properly lining up with where it should be (see the right side of my screenshot, this is the discogs page used for generating these tags)

Here is my settings file too in case you wanna take a look

Discogs Pone 4 Web Script Settings.zip (5.1 KB)

EDIT.. i just used an old backup copy of my settings, updated with the most recent @dano update and everything seems fine now.

note: Now im also being prevented from posting any more in this thread.. new users can only post 3 times in a thread.. what kind of nonsense is that!?!? (im actually not a new user, I was very active in this thread back in 2014-2016 but it seems the forums were upgraded at some point and so when i logged in for the first time in 4 years, its treating me as a new user.. fun times)

The forum system was changed. It is more modern and responsive now but it can also take some time to get used to it.
I think if just visit a few more topics and read replies the restrictions will be softened.

any chance for a script update?

Is this the only way to create a cue from the Discogs tracks listings? The script doesn't seem to work any longer sadly.