[WS] Import lyrics from websites

Hello,

I would like to be able to add lyrics to an entire album at once please. Doing song by song is just too long. I love mp3tag that I am using since many years that I would hate to change for another program.

I read all answers to this conversation and I believe I understood that darklyrics was able to process in batch but it would need to be updated for lyricWiki which finds more songs. I looked at the script source but it is not obvious how to do change them. I do not care about the album name although I understand that this could influence the lyrics even if same artist and title.

So I am really looking at selecting mutiple files and that either the source script run on each song to find the lyrics and save them - OR - that the script is ran once and now how to loop internally to do so.

Does anyone would know how to do this or start it please?

Thanks

This is not possible with Mp3tag. Darklyrics is an exception because it has all lyrics of an album on one page.
But you can use this tool which works well together with Mp3tag:
/t/6921/1

Lyriki & Lyricsmania

Two new scripts :music:

dano, can you post the newest scripts in the beginning , like an index or something?

thanks in advance :laughing:

Lyrics_Lyricsmania.zip (682 Bytes)

Lyrics_Lyriki.zip (631 Bytes)

Is there any way to use this with http://www.plyrics.com/? It also has the lyrics of entire albums on one page. it has Punk songs. And also http://www.azlyrics.com/, which is pop songs or songs not metal/punk/hip hop.

You might aswell add http://www.urbanlyrics.com/, but I don't care for hip hop at all xD.

The LyricWiki script has a little bug, it always adds the word "Ad" in front of the lyrics.

Here's a quickfix for LyricWiki (removes the 'Ad'):

http://ge.tt/7hn6Qo81/v/0?c

Thanks goes out to dano for originating this script. I joined up so I could post this fix.

Cheers!
tappan

lyricWiki.zip (781 Bytes)

Hey Dano, thanks for the love there :laughing:
I still try to stop by and maintain that thread from time to time.

So uuuhm... No one interested in Plyrics and Azlyrics?

My PLyrics script
Enjoy!
:music:

Lyrics_plyrics.src (1.03 KB)

The LyricWikia stopped working. When I try to pull some lyrics for my mp3 I get something like this in the lyrics field as a result:

eng||(function() {var opts = {artist: "Interpol",song: "Next Exit",adunit_id: 39382076,div_id: "cf_async_" + Math.floor((Math.random() * 999999999))};document.write('');var c=function(){cf.showAsyncAd(opts)};if(window.cf)c();else{cf_async=!0;var r=document.createElement("script"),s=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];r.async=!0;r.src="//srv.tonefuse.com/showads/showad.js";r.readyState?r.onreadystatechange=function(){if("loaded"==r.readyState

Could this be the embedded YouTube video? Can someone help?

Same here. All other scripts have not worked for quite a while, only lyricwikia, now it's broken too... :frowning:

LyricWikia Update.

Fehlgeschlagener Import aus Lyricwiki

Well it stopped working a while ago, maybe you can take a look at it again? Thanks :slight_smile:

I updated the SongMeanings script a few times but I don't use MP3Tag that much anymore so I forgot to upload them here. Anywhere here's an updated version.Lyrics_SongMeanings.src (1.47 KB)

Lyrics_SongMeanings.src (1.47 KB)

UPDATE: I reuploaded the ZIP fixing the password issues, Sorry to all who downloaded previous ZIP which was requesting a password (The archive was actually corrupted)

GENIUS.com Lyrics
Here's a script for Genius.com (used to be Rap Genius) which has expanded its lyrical database and now covers all genres. The site itself is much more inclusive which also covers much more than lyrics. It's worth it to just check the site out as it actually has the artists/authors themselves contributing to the sites main objective which is annotating or explaining the deeper meaning of.. well everything but in-between lines the site has what we want. It's kinda hard to find the lyrics when searching the site as it's divided into genre sub-channels and because lyrics are not the main subject but this script will search through the whole site for a songs lyrics. You'll be surprised as the sites lyrical database is actually extremely large.

Lyrics_GENIUS.zip (660 Bytes)

Lyrics_GENIUS.zip (660 Bytes)

My unzip app needs a password for your .zip file. Any chance to share this one? Thanks in advance!

niiiiiice... thats what i'm looking for... but i need the password for the zip file

Lyric Wiki doesn't work anymore (lyrics.wikia.com). That was always my go-to source.

I am using the latest Lyrics_lyricWiki_04.zip from 2014/09/12.

I tried uncommenting the debug and changing it to a path on my C drive but nothing gets created.

Sorry for the password issues, the archive was corrupted I re-uploaded the ZIP.

LyricWiki Script: UPDATE

I fixed dano's LyricWiki script as requested, they switched to gracenote (JavaScript) which was a little harder to get formatted correctly but finally got it working! I tested it on multiple files and all seemed good but if you do run into any issues post it.

Lyrics_LyricWiki.zip (859 Bytes)

Lyrics_LyricWiki.zip (859 Bytes)