[X] Changing tag names deletes tags

Hi,

Version: 2.46b
Format: FLAC

I had some tags named "ARTIST SORT" and when changing the name to "ARTISTSORT" unexpectedly resulted in the tags being deleted completely. I had multiple files selected.

EDIT: I suspect the root of the problem is that not all files had the "ARTIST SORT" tag.

EDIT 2: Tested with all files having the tag and same result. Changing the tag name on one file only works as expected.

Daz

Yes, I saw such bad behaviour too, but I am not sure if it has the quality of a bug or a design flaw.
When changing the tag-field name of a tag-field on multiple files at once using the dialog "Extended Tags" [Alt-T] Mp3tag displays the information what tag-field will set to and what tag-field will set to .
You can see in advance what will happen. Therefore the removing of tag-fields is not "unexpectedly".

DD.20100924.0545.CEST

Hi,

I don't read it as that, because the "new" tag field appears as , plus if all values for the tag in the files have the same value it does function as expected.

Daz

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.