[X] cover type changes not kept for .ape files

Hi,

It seems that changing the cover type to anything else other then front or back in a monkey audio file (.ape) is not kept. The cover type revert back to front after i save the change.

Thanks
galileo

BTW Florian could you take a look at the following jpeg, i made a montage of screen shots to suggest a possible enhancement by merging the extended tag panel with the standard one to combine the benefits of both.

it's only a suggestion.
Thank you

This is because only front and back cover are supported in APEv2 tags. I should probably make this more clear somewhere.

I have the same problem, but with .mp3 file. I have mp3 files with tags: "APEv2(ID3v1 ID3v2.4 APEv2)" and can change the cover type only to front or back. What is your suggestion for this case? May be i should use only ID3v1 & ID3v2.4 tags? And what analogue for Cover art tag "Disc" in foobar we have in Mp3tag?

PS. So i sugges such form of Tag editing dialogue:

Just get rid of the APEv2 tags.

"Media" works for me. Maybe you must restart foobar to recognize it.

But when i remove ability to write APEv2 tags (in Options->Tags->Mpeg->Write) - now i can't save WWW (i add field WWW by Options->Tag Panel->Add field...). But in id3v2.x there are some fields for saving URL, like "WXXX". May be in Options->Tags->Mapping it needs to add some equivalents between id3v2.x and APEv2 tags?

And next thing i understand, that it's hard to remove only APEv2 tags if i have "APEv2(ID3v1 ID3v2.4 APEv2)" in my file. I should set in "Options->Tags->Mpeg->Remove" only APEv2, remove all tags (it removes only all APEv2 tags), and then turn on all functions in Remove tab again. I sugges add these 3 buttons to quick add/remove some type of tags (with confirmation) and to quick switch between tag type modes to edit in:

But after removing APEv2 tags, mp3tag can save WWW (now i have ID3v1 ID3v2.4 tags) and Winamp show url in ID3v2 properties. But if i have "APEv2(ID3v1 ID3v2.4 APEv2)" tags, Winamp show url only in APEv2 properties (not in ID3v2 properties tab).

I think that may be i find best view for Tag editing dialogue:

Sorry, but editing different types of tags in parallel is not planned. Although I appreciate your suggestion, I find it way too complicated for the average user.

To be honest, I think most of the time where multiple different tag versions are used, it's actually not really necessary.

Kind regards,
Florian

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.