[X] Didn't update file size after deleting a jpg cover file in a FLAC audio File

I have a problem with cover on FLAC audio Files :

1. I have added a jpeg file of about 400-500kb on a FLAC audio File.
    After this action, the file size has increased normally (ORG file size + added jpeg file)

2. I would like to change this file by a new smaller jpeg cover file of about 200-300kb
    First, I delete the previous cover jpeg file. But after this, there is no change of the FLAC file size ???
    I attached the new smaller jpeg file. Normally, the new audio file size should be smaller of about 100-300kb but there is always no change on the FLAC audio file size.

I think there is a problem of updating the audio file size after deleting jpeg cover on FLAC File.

Rem. : This problem didn't appear with MP3 files.

Is it normal ? How to solve the problem ?

Regards

The posting in this topic could help:

How to decrease the tagsize after deleting coverart

Thanks Mike_nl for the link !

The batch file realized by Lupercus using metaflac is an alternative solution that works fine.

So I think it will be very usefull if this feature could be included in a next MP3Tag version.

Regards

Is it true (for every tag type) that Mp3tag always zeroes removed fields and never rewrites files to reduce excessive padding?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.