[X] FLA Files Not Recognized

Hello Florian,

I stumbled across an album I have that uses the .fla file extension for whatever reason instead of the usual .flac and mp3tag does not process these file types by default. I added .fla to the list of incoming files in the options and now I see them in the file list. However, mp3tag does not recognize any tags in these files. If I rename them to .flac, mp3tag can see the tags just fine.

I thought would you like to know of this bug.

Thank you.

You can only remove file extensions from this list to restrict incoming files. It's not a bug, the *.FLA file extension is simply not supported by Mp3tag and I suggest renaming the files with the default file extension for FLAC files.

Kind regards,
Florian

Hmm, I don't think the list works like this. The list is a whitelist, meaning it only matches filetypes that are IN the list. If its not on the list, it doesn't get included. Compared to a blacklist where if its on the list, then its NOT included. I was able to add *.fla to the list and see the .fla files in the mp3tag window, but the tags were not visible. Yes, changing the file extensions to *.flac worked and I was able to work with the files. I just want to make sure we are clear on the bug report.

Thanks!

Yeah, it's a whitelist but you can only remove entries from this list instead of adding own ones.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.