[X] Playlists Not Relative

v2.45b

1. Under Options->Playlist check Create Relative [or leave at this default]
  2. Load music files
  3. Create playlist from these files

Expected result: relative paths in playlist file
Actual result: full absolute paths [i.e. K:\Music\musicfile.FLAC]

Checked by:

a) Inserting an external HD, which was mounted as K:\ on computer, into a Seagate Theater+ where the same HD becomes C:
:sunglasses: Opening playlist file with text editor

Are you creating the playlist on the drive with the same drive letter (e.g., K:) or another one?

My playlists are set to be saved to the Desktop by default, from where I usually move them to any device or directory I want them in.

I think you cannot reasonably expect relative paths - they'd fail from the playlist location.

You mean it should work if I save the playlists on the same drive the files are on? But why should MP3Tag care were I save them if I only want the program to use '..' instead of 'C:[path]'?

You mean it should work if I save the playlists on the same drive the files are on?

Yes I do - you will get replative file references in your playlist.

But why should MP3Tag care were I save them if I only want the program to use '..' instead of 'C:[path]'?

Because it doesn't know that you want that... except by guessing from the location you use. The app could be more flexible, but I think current functionailty covers 90% of requirements.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.