[X] regression on deleting artwork from many files

Hello! I use to drag entire dirs (up to 2000 files) with files to batch delete all included cover art becouse I use external cover art instead, this has works for 5 years or something until today when I went from 2.73 to 2.77. Thanks for great product!

oK I tried alot of stuff and noticed that a particular album/file breaks this. if the dev contact me with mail i'll send the file to him.

Could you check the files first with mp3val, mp3diags or foobar2000?

Check what? the album actually doesnt have any album art (probably) so I cant check if it works.
Its encoded with flac 1.31.

Check what is different to the other files.
OK, if it is flac (what you did not say in the first place) the mp3-checkers are not really useful.
But you could point out where you think that the bug is if MP3tag works ok for the other files.
I would assume that something is corrupted in the files and not in the MP3tag functions.
Also: which file system/OS do you use?

They come out 100% working with foobar integrity check and they play fine.
I use windows 10.

just checked same dir with mp3tag 2.73, dont have any problems with that.

The reason I asked: Macs or NAS sometimes have their peculiarities. But that does not seem to be the case.
You could still tell us what you did, what you expected and what reaction you got exactly.
Does the loading fail?
Do you get an error when you delete the covers?
Do you filter for files with covers first?
Is it an action or do you do that via the GUI?
What kind of error message do you get and when do you get it?

You can send one of the files to my contact email address.

Kind regards
– Florian

Filé sent

Hi Martin,

I cannot reproduce it here. I've used this file and a copy of this file where I added cover art and selecting both of them first produces the "Cover varies" notice next to the cover art window and gives me the option to remove the cover. Choosing this option and saving the change via Ctrl+S actually also removes the cover from the second file.

Is there any step that I'm missing here? In case this issue vanished in the meantime, it would be great if you could post a short update.

Kind regards
– Florian

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.