[X] Rename Bug Causing tag overwrites/corruption? (v2.39m)

I have being doing a high number of Tag clean-ups and subsequently renaming. I have since subbleted on a number of files I know we tagged correctly where the tags from one of the other renamed files have overitten the files tags - this must be occuring after the file is moved/renamed as they preserve the orginal tag settings (%album%$num(%track%,2) %title%) in the rename.

The tags observed to be overwritten include: Album, Artist, Title, Track, Disc, Content Group, Genre.

I did not observe this occuring under v2.39. The rename text following:

F:\Music$if($not(%contentgroup%),_Unknown,$validate(%contentgroup%,-))$if($not(%Album%),_Unknown,$validate(%Album%,-))$num(%track%,2) $if($not(%Title%),_Unknown $num($rand(),5)-$num($rand(),5),$validate(%Title%,-))

(ContentGroup is maintained via a action they utilised Band, Genre and/or Album name to group various artist albums together, eg. all the Ministry of Sounds, Now etc series):

Fundamental question: Is MP3Tag (re-)writing the tags during a rename instead of just reading? If so, why?

Can provide more info as required. Thanks.

No, renaming does not modify tags of the files being renamed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.