[X] Replacing characters in pathname freezes app


#1

Hi,

I have a fairly large mp3 music collection (17000+ tracks in 1300+ albums) organized in the following manner:
"M:\Artist - Album\01-song.mp3"

I tried to remove all accented characters from my pathnames using this type of action:
Replace "_DIRECTORY": "é" -> "e" (case-sensitive comparison)
for all the different accented characters.

After a long time, Mp3tag V2.35 just stopped responding and the task manager revealed it was "Not responding". I had to terminate the task to get out of it. I also noticed that certain accented characters such as "è" did not get converted either.

It seems to work fine for _FILENAME however.

Thanks,
Daniel


#2

Hello Daniel,

it's not a bug, you just need some patience and wait till the process has finished :slight_smile:

I'll see, if I can speed up things.

Best regards,
~ Florian


#3

Hi Florian,

In my experience, it's a bug because I let it run for hours (maybe 24?) and the window did not refresh anymore (expose event). The task manager reported 0% CPU used by Mp3tag and displayed a "Not Responding" status.

Renaming the corresponding mp3 files (more than 10 times more files than directories) showed activity and completed in less than an hour (don't remember exactly). I guess the whole principle of renaming directories based on each file might cause problems since after the first file in the directory, all other files already have their directory renamed...

Anyway, thanks for the great tagging program! Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Daniel


#4

Hello Daniel!

I've tried with more than 1800 files in 300 directories and had no problems.

I'm already testing, if the files' directory was renamed before :slight_smile:

I'll see if I can find anything.

Best regards,
~ Florian


#5

Ok thanks Florian!

Let me know if I can do anything to help!

One thing to mention: My M: drive is actually on a Buffalo Linkstation (Linux box) which I access my files through a Samba share from my WinXP PC...

I used another software (a freeware file/directory renamer app) to complete the directory rename job and it ran flawlessly (and within minutes too). I used Mp3tag to do the actual file renaming though.

Thanks,
Daniel