I just tried your program (which I found very good indeed ), when I just seems to catch a bug : during a rename of files from the mp3 tags, I just use a form like this
%artist%\\%album%\$num(%track%,2) - %title%
instead of the default
%artist% - %album% - $num(%track%,2) - %title%
Result : the files disapeared ...
Some infos to track this (I suppose) bug :
My system : Win XP Pro SP2 (French)
The files were classified like this :
but this time, I wasn't having the good Album Title, and the directory Album doesn't exist yet.
The program directory was set to C:\MP3s\Artist
There were only one album directory in C:\MP3s\Artist
All of the tracks were selected when renaming occurs
After this I've re-tested the feature and found that if I specified the whole path for renaming scheme, it worked fine . The scheme looked like
C:\MP3s\%artist%\%album%$num(%track%,2) - %title%
Even the Album directory was created fine !
I've alse re-tested the renaming feature with only one track, and the scheme like
%artist%\%album%$num(%track%,2) - %title%
Result : creation of a directory C:\MP3s\Artist\Artist\Album\file.mp3 ==> this I don't understand . Just before this test, i've re-created the initial situation (only one Album directory in C:\MP3s\Artist, and nothing else than the mp3 files to rename in C:\MP3s\Artist\Album, although the good Album directory, from mp3 Tag, isn't created yet).
I don't find the disapeared files ... Neither Norton Disk Doctor nor Scandisk finded a problem in partition tables (supposed to be a bad named file who can't be seen ...). I suppose they were deleted ...
If you must have more informations, just tell me ! See you and good luck !