[X] Tags go blank after saving

I have a strange problem. It started occuring some time ago, and I was hoping it would get fixed, but it has survived several new versions, so I finally decided to report it. I select some files, change some tags and save. Suddenly all the tags go blank in some of the files! Often the first one, but sometimes several. If I exit, these tags are saved as blank. If I click on the files, the values of the tag come back!

Win 7-64 and v2.73.

Thanks!

Geez Luweez, that screen-shot is practically useless. :wink:
Any important information is hidden!

What file extensions are involved?
What tags are written and read?

Attach a screenshot of Options > Tags > Mpeg.

And change your profile information if you're really using v2.73.

I observed this behaviour when I have WMP and MP3tg running simultneaously and WMP updates the library (which is almost always the case).
If you add a network drive or a drive connected via USB, it becomes worse.
The remedies are: close the other program that access the same files and/or press F5 after each save to refresh.

Dear Ohrenkino,

Of course! Thanks!!! I should have suspected that WMP was the culprit

You're totally right about the problem being worse on a USB drive. I'm just curious, why would that make a difference?

It seems to be a timing problem. WMP blocks the access to the currently scanned files. And as USB is slower than SATA the blocking periods become longer.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.