[X] Track# wont read or save in ID3v2

While saving in ID3v1 and APEv2 works fine the problems exist when I use ID3V2. While saving in ID3v2.3 ISO-8559-1 I get nothing. Nothing at all saves. While saving in ID3v2.3 UTF-16 & ID3v2.4 UTF 8 the title/artist/album saves fine. I lose the track# and year.

Now to verify this as a glitch I named the file like I always do.

Artist - Year - Album - Track# - Title

I stripped out all tags and then save them individually in each tag format by using filename-tag. And after I verify the tag I strip the tags again and try the next one.

I was using Mp3Tag V2.42 when I noticed this. I am now using V2.42b and it still is happening.

Just giving you a heads up. Will be saving in APEv2 for now.

Nickodemos

2009Jan03-OK. Updated to the latest build like asked. So now with version v2.42c I still have this problem. If the files have any version of ID3v2 in it it reads them fine. Only time a problems happens is when it is saved in MP3Tag. And as far as I can tell it is the program since I tried another tagger and saved it in ID3v2 and it worked fine. Even MP3 tag could read it.

2009Jan20-Since no one has responded I tried to go even farther back on the build. I am now using v2.39. So far no improvement. As far as I can tell this isn't like the previous poster who was loosing his tags with FLAC files. But either way since none of the builds are working I have to think it is something on my computer making this happen. If I figure it out I will repost.

2009Feb05-Reinstalled XP. Things are working again. So must have been something that I did to the XP system.

I have the same problem for all ID3 versions. After save i lose Track, Year, Discnumber. Does mp3tag rely on a windows metadata component or service??

Try this:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=75295

This has not fixed the problem for me. It is definetly a windows problem i think because mp3tag was working fine but now no matter what version i use i get this, I am using a streamlined version of xp made with nlite but it was working fine if i load mp3's that i had previously tagged they have numeric tags but as soon as i try to edit any colum they dissapear. Sorry to be a pain but i wuld like to get to the bottom of this :slight_smile:

Edit: Also i can write tags with media monkey and vlc without problems.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.