While saving in ID3v1 and APEv2 works fine the problems exist when I use ID3V2. While saving in ID3v2.3 ISO-8559-1 I get nothing. Nothing at all saves. While saving in ID3v2.3 UTF-16 & ID3v2.4 UTF 8 the title/artist/album saves fine. I lose the track# and year.
Now to verify this as a glitch I named the file like I always do.
Artist - Year - Album - Track# - Title
I stripped out all tags and then save them individually in each tag format by using filename-tag. And after I verify the tag I strip the tags again and try the next one.
I was using Mp3Tag V2.42 when I noticed this. I am now using V2.42b and it still is happening.
Just giving you a heads up. Will be saving in APEv2 for now.
2009Jan03-OK. Updated to the latest build like asked. So now with version v2.42c I still have this problem. If the files have any version of ID3v2 in it it reads them fine. Only time a problems happens is when it is saved in MP3Tag. And as far as I can tell it is the program since I tried another tagger and saved it in ID3v2 and it worked fine. Even MP3 tag could read it.
2009Jan20-Since no one has responded I tried to go even farther back on the build. I am now using v2.39. So far no improvement. As far as I can tell this isn't like the previous poster who was loosing his tags with FLAC files. But either way since none of the builds are working I have to think it is something on my computer making this happen. If I figure it out I will repost.
2009Feb05-Reinstalled XP. Things are working again. So must have been something that I did to the XP system.