[X] v2.60: File duplication

Using convert tag to file name with the formatting string "$num(%track%,2) %title% - %artist%" is now causing the duplication of the original file. Rather than updating the file name in the current directory, it is making a duplicate file with the new name in the current directory.

This did not occur in MP3Tag 2.58 so I'm moving back to that version until the file duplication error is fixed.

Note that the current behavior is that which used to occur when the conversion string contained a directory name which differed from the current directory name.

Thanks,
Paul
MP3Tag 2.60
Using convert tag to file name with the formatting string "$num(%track%,2) %title% - %artist%" is now causing the duplication of the original file. Rather than updating the file name in the current directory, it is making a duplicate file with the new name in the current directory.

This did not occur in MP3Tag 2.58 so I'm moving back to that version until the file duplication error is fixed.

Note that the current behavior is that which used to occur when the conversion string contained a directory name which differed from the current directory name.

Thanks,
Paul

I can not confirm this behaviour.

I used your exact string and CONVERT > tag to filename. I could NOT replicate your issue. It simply changed the names of the files and did not duplicate.

I suspect something odd is going on with your system and the files. perhaps some sort of file protection? Check your files and see if they have write protection set to on. Also make sure no other program has "control" of the files while you are doing this step.

If Mp3Tag notifices that the file is write protected it asks for the allowance to disable the protection and if a file is locked by another program it tells you so.

I cannot confirm such behaviour with Mp3tag v2.60 on a WinXP local drive.
When using Convert "Tag- Filename" with this formatstring ...
$num(%track%,2)' '%title%' - '%artist%
... the selected mp3 media file has been renamed and Undo works too.

Please show us an example of the real actual test case.
Maybe the tag-fields TITLE or ARTIST contain special characters, which have a special meaning in the file system.
Try this formatstring ...
$validate($num(%track%,2)' '%title%' - '%artist%,'_')

DD.20140701.1012.CEST

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.