year, bitrate, cover

Hi, need some help.

1. if %year% is like from 1992-2005 then old

2. if %_bitrate% is greater then 1400-5000 then 24.bit

3. its possible to change cover size when inporting to file, for example original cover.jpg is 1500x1500 and stays same but cover in tag changes 600x600

Thanks.

1 to 2. Use F3 (filter) and use:

%year% GREATER "1991" AND %year% LESS "2006"

%_bitrate% GREATER "1400" AND %_bitrate% LESS "5000"

Then use a format action. Although bitrate is not changed as it's read only. You can add a tag however with the format action which will not be read by most player.

I don't understand why you want to rid the year tag. Back it up to a field before you erase it forever. iTunes has smart playlist. Not sure about others.

1. No, but if you look around the forum this has been answered many times.
$if($geql(%YEAR%,1992),$if($leql(%YEAR%,2005),'year is in the range 1992..2005','year is greater than 2005'),'year is less than 1992') $ifgreater(%YEAR%,1991,$ifgreater(%YEAR%,2005,'year is greater than 2005','year is in the range 1992..2005'),'year is less than 1992')

DD.20131219.0943.CET

Thanks for your reply, some of my Fkeys dont work on my laptop after upgraded to win8... the main thing for "year" is i'dont want to get rid of it, but when i move my stuff to

[#8]
T=5
F=_DIRECTORY
1=E:\\\\Users\\\\yourname\\\\music\\\\lossless\\\\$ifgreater(%_bitrate%,1400,$ifgreater(%_birate%,5000,%_bitrate%,'24.bit'),)\$ifgreater(%YEAR%,1991,$ifgreater(%YEAR%,2005,%year%,'old'),'old')\\\\$caps2(%releasesource%)\\\\$lower($if2($if($eql(%genre%,'Techno'),Techno,),$if($eql(%genre%,'House'),House,))$if2($if($eql(%genre%,'Tech House'),House,),$if($eql(%genre%,'Deep House'),House,))$if2($if($eql(%genre%,'Acid House'),House,),$if($eql(%genre%,'Acid'),House,))$if2($if($eql(%genre%,'Progressive House'),House,),$if($eql(%genre%,'Minimal'),Minimal,))$if2($if($eql(%genre%,'Drum & Bass'),drum.and.bass,),$if($eql(%genre%,'Jungle'),drum.and.bass,))$if2($if($eql(%genre%,'Experimental'),Electronica,),$if($eql(%genre%,'Abstract'),Electronica,))$if2($if($eql(%genre%,'Ambient'),Electronica,),$if($eql(%genre%,'Dark Ambient'),Electronica,))$if2($if($eql(%genre%,'Drone'),Electronica,),$if($eql(%genre%,'Noise'),Electronica,))$if2($if($eql(%genre%,'Field Recording'),Electronica,),$if($eql(%genre%,'Industrial'),Electronica,))$if2($if($eql(%genre%,'IDM'),Electronica,),$if($eql(%genre%,'Leftfield'),Electronica,))$if2($if($eql(%genre%,'Dubstep'),Bass.Music,),$if($eql(%genre%,'Bass'),Bass.Music,))$if2($if($eql(%genre%,'Grime'),Bass.Music,),$if($eql(%genre%,'UK Garage'),Bass.Music,))$if2($if($eql(%genre%,'Juke'),Bass.Music,),$if($eql(%genre%,'Dub'),Dub.Techno,))$if2($if($eql(%genre%,'Dub Techno'),Dub.Techno,),$if($eql(%genre%,'Downtempo'),Electronica,))$if2($if($eql(%genre%,'Breaks'),Other.Misc,),$if($eql(%genre%,'Breakbeat'),Other.Misc,))$if2($if($eql(%genre%,'Glitch'),Other.Misc,),$if($eql(%genre%,'Electro'),Electro,)))\\%_DIRECTORY%\\\\

i dont need many suddirs from year.. since i dont have much oldies and the goal is sort all in one folder...

Thanks to DetlevD now i can sort my flacs by one click.

$if($geql(%YEAR%,1992),$if($leql(%YEAR%,2005),'year is in the range 1992..2005','year is greater than 2005'),'year is less than 1992')

$ifgreater(%YEAR%,1991,$ifgreater(%YEAR%,2005,'year is greater than 2005','year is in the range 1992..2005'),'year is less than 1992')

P.S

Yes i know my english is not on top level...

About cover i have one more req.

1. remove all covers from tags 2) rename if 'cover;folder;front' to "something" and delete the original 'cover;folder;front' from folder

if its possible in one action, Thanks.

Hmm ... someone must have eagle eyes to read this long scripting expression, and I assume, this format expression will be maintenance-intensive.

Here comes a proposal, that might be more handsome.

1. Within the folder "%APPDATA%\Mp3tag\data" create a textfile with the name "GenreGroups.ini"
    (or just use a filename and folder of your wish).
    From within Mp3tag you can use the %MP3TAGAPPDATA% placeholder,
    which is the same as "%APPDATA%\Mp3tag".

2. Fill the new ini file with the following content:

[Techno]
    Techno

[House]
    House
    Tech House
    Deep House
    Acid House
    Acid
    Progressive House

[Minimal]
    Minimal

[Drum.and.Bass]
    Drum & Bass
    Jungle

[Electronica]
    Experimental
    Abstract
    Ambient
    Dark Ambient
    Downtempo
    Drone
    Noise
    Field Recording
    Industrial
    IDM
    Leftfield

[Bass.Music]
    Dubstep
    Bass
    Grime
    UK Garage
    Juke

[Dub.Techno]
    Dub
    Dub Techno

[Other.Misc]
    Breaks
    Breakbeat
    Glitch

[Electro]
    Electro

3. Create an action.

Begin Action Group GetSectionFromInifile

Action #1
Actiontype 14: Import text file
Field __: GG_INI
Filename: $getEnv('MP3TAGAPPDATA')'\data\GenreGroups.ini'

Action #2
Actiontype 5: Format value
Field ______: GG
Formatstring: $regexp(%GG_INI%,'^.[(.+?)].?\n'$trim(%GENRE%)'\r.*$','$1',1)

Action #3
Formatstring: $if($eql(%GG%,%GG_INI%),,%GG%)
... or ...
Formatstring: $if($eql(%GG%,%GG_INI%),'unknown',%GG%)

Action #4
Actiontype 9: Remove fields
Fields to remove (semicolon separated): GG_INI

End Action Group GetSectionFromInifile (4 Actions)

After the action group has been run against a file, which contains already the GENRE tag-field, then the file get a new tag-field "GG", which contains the GenreGroup name, as it has been defined in the GenreGroups ini file as a section name.

Further on use the content from the tag-field GG for the other things, e. g. for creating a folderpath.

DD.20131219.1727.CET

QUOTE (DetlevD @ Dec 19 2013, 18:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm ... someone must have eagle eyes to read this long scripting expression, and I assume, this format expression will be maintenance-intensive.

Here comes a proposal, that might be more handsome.

1. Within the folder "%APPDATA%\Mp3tag\data" create a textfile with the name "GenreGroups.ini"
    (or just use a filename and folder of your wish).
    From within Mp3tag you can use the %MP3TAGAPPDATA% placeholder,
    which is the same as "%APPDATA%\Mp3tag".

2. Fill the new ini file with the following content:

[Techno]
    Techno

[House]
    House
    Tech House
    Deep House
    Acid House
    Acid
    Progressive House

[Minimal]
    Minimal

[Drum.and.Bass]
    Drum & Bass
    Jungle

[Electronica]
    Experimental
    Abstract
    Ambient
    Dark Ambient
    Downtempo
    Drone
    Noise
    Field Recording
    Industrial
    IDM
    Leftfield

[Bass.Music]
    Dubstep
    Bass
    Grime
    UK Garage
    Juke

[Dub.Techno]
    Dub
    Dub Techno

[Other.Misc]
    Breaks
    Breakbeat
    Glitch

[Electro]
    Electro

3. Create an action.

Begin Action Group GetValueFromInifile

Action #1
Actiontype 14: Import text file
Field __: GG_INI
Filename: $getEnv('MP3TAGAPPDATA')'\data\GenreGroups.ini'

Action #2
Formatstring: $regexp(%GG_INI%,'^.[(.+?)].?\n'$trim(%GENRE%)'\r.*$','$1',1)

Action #3
Formatstring: $if($eql(%GG%,%GG_INI%),,%GG%)

Action #4
Actiontype 9: Remove fields
Fields to remove (semicolon separated): GG_INI

End Action Group GetValueFromInifile (4 Actions)

After the action group has been run against a file, which contains already the GENRE tag-field, then the file get a new tag-field "GG", which contains the GenreGroup name, as ist has been defined in the GenreGroups ini file.

Further on use the content from the tag-field GG for the other things, e. g. for creating a folderpath.

DD.20131219.1727.CET

Now whole thing looks much better and easier to work and i can see the end of the line :slight_smile: Thanks a million!