3.02 Install problems

Bonjour,

I wish to reinstall v 3.02 in the same directories as the previous version 3.01 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Mp3tag) while migrating the set up information, but I run into these problems.

With version 3.02, the mp3tagv302setup.exe program from your site (https://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html ) did not delete the previous install (3.01) in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mp3tag\ .
Furthermore it installed the new version in
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\35795FlorianHeidenreich.Mp3tag_3.2.0.0_x86__rf0p6xgxmspcc
instead of in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mp3tag .

• This installer does not ask for an installation directory.
  • There are no uninstall program with this installation.

The Uninstall program in version 3.01 does not work, as it complains that an mp3tag executable is opened, but there are none.

• Verified with Windows Process Manager and Sysinternals ProcessExplorer
  • Retries of uninstall after 2 reboots failed
  • Manual deleting seems daunting ( ex.: 242 "Mp3tag" entries in the Windows registry )

*I use a Windows 10 current version on a ~2016 machine (Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSHD C: , 1 TB HD D: )

Thanks for any help

Pierre

Hi Pierre ,

I swear by Revo Uninstaller , there's versions on the web , grab the pro if possible .

it has an excellent hunter / forced uninstall engine .

cheers

I cannot reproduce anything that you describe about the installation and failed de-installation.
I suspect there is something seriously wrong on your machine. I can't help you with that local problem.

Did the original poster install 3.02 from the Application Store? The location given C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ is where Microsoft Store Apps are installed.