I wish to reinstall v 3.02 in the same directories as the previous version 3.01 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Mp3tag) while migrating the set up information, but I run into these problems.
With version 3.02, the mp3tagv302setup.exe program from your site (https://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html ) did not delete the previous install (3.01) in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mp3tag\ .
Furthermore it installed the new version in
instead of in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mp3tag .
- This installer does not ask for an installation directory.
- There are no uninstall program with this installation.
The Uninstall program in version 3.01 does not work, as it complains that an mp3tag executable is opened, but there are none.
- Verified with Windows Process Manager and Sysinternals ProcessExplorer
- Retries of uninstall after 2 reboots failed
- Manual deleting seems daunting ( ex.: 242 "Mp3tag" entries in the Windows registry )
*I use a Windows 10 current version on a ~2016 machine (Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSHD C: , 1 TB HD D: )
Thanks for any help