Occasional problem with Letter case edit

Latest beta version (3.05d). I found a peculiar problem: Sometimes I cannot change the letter
case from the keyboard. Shift or Caps Lock do not always work in the fields (for example I tried to change - in the album field - Ii with II and failed). I went back to 3.05c and the problem was solved.

1 Like

Tried to change Ii to II in the album field - works.
Using 3.05d

This is most likely related to this change. Many thanks for reporting!

This is interesting. Was Ii already part of the tag and listed in the drop-down list of the album field when you tried this?

No, I simply entered Ii, selected the i and typed the I over it.

OK, this is most likely not what the OP attempted to do. Normally, existing tags are changed :slight_smile:

Can you retry with the field written to the file and listed in the drop-down list of the album field?

I just did this:
2 Files:
1: Comedy Ii
2: Comedy II
Selected both, opened the dropdown list in the tag panel, saw both entries, selected
Comedy II
Saved the change.
Result: Comedy II

Selected both files again,
Tag panel field shows Comedy II
Try to change it to Comedy Ii -> failed, result is Comedy II
No problem to change it in the files list, though.

PS: it would have been so much easier if there had been an indication where the strange behaviour occurred. It was not at all obvious that this is a problem in the tag panel.

2 Likes

I think if you're missing crucial information to reproduce an issue, it's best to just ask further questions.

This should be fixed now with Mp3tag v3.05e. Thanks for reporting!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.