Mp3tag v3.06a released

Mp3tag v3.06 released

This new version is mainly about spring-cleaning with lots of improvements and fixes and I want to take the opportunity to detail some of the new features and changes for you.

It's also first version that requires Windows 7 as a minimum operating system. It was about time :slight_smile:

Retry for Tag Sources

If no results are returned for a certain search at Tag Sources, it's now possible to retry and having the previous query already filled in. No more entering the same information twice (or trice!).
I've also added the option to retry for error case, e.g., when the internet connection of the servers are flaky.

Option to disable auto-sizing of columns in Tag Source results

So far, the column width for Tag Sources results has been decided based on the content that was returned from the query. While it always displays the full content, it also means that some columns are outside the dialog width and scrolling is needed. You can now disable the auto-sizing of column via the context menu of the column header.

Undo via Ctrl+Z in Tag Panel fields

This was quite some time in the making (I've received the first bug report on that back in Jan 2014). You can now undo text entry in Tag Panel fields without undoing the last tag-write or rename operation.

Actions and Tag Sources available via context menu

The file list context menu now also has the Actions and Tag Sources available via submenus. Sometimes it's just faster to trigger them from the context menu.

:rocket: Download the new version

https://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html

:orange_heart: Support my work as an Indie Developer

https://www.mp3tag.de/en/donations.html

As always, thank you for reading, your interest and your support.

Enjoy and take care
— Florian

Additional Features and Fixes

Click here to expand

New Features

• added actions and tag sources to file list context menu. (#51896)
  • added option to disable auto-sizing of columns in search results list of tag sources and to preserve manually adjusted column widths. (#17966, #51840)
  • added Retry button for error message when retrieving album metadata from tag sources (2nd step). (#17918)
  • added Retry button to tag sources if no results were found for search criteria. (#51845)
  • CDG files are now also moved and copied with corresponding MP3, WMA, and FLAC files. (#51944)
  • added IfGreater and IfLess to web sources framework. (#52080)

Changes

• action groups dialog keyboard shortcut to disable all action groups is now Ctrl+D.
  • added means to prevent duplicate keyboard mnemonics in file list context menu. (#51896)
  • confirmation dialogs at pasting, cutting, and removing tags now use OK and Cancel buttons to allow for dismissal via Esc key. (#41495)
  • minor restructuring of file list context menu to separate Remove and Delete from each other. (#16741)
  • renamed Utils to Presets at action groups dialog and restructured the menu.
  • search query fields are now pre-filled with previous input when going back or retrying from tag sources. (#51845)
  • updated Catalan, Czech, French, Hebrew, Italian, Polish, Portuguese-BR, Slovak, Spanish, and Turkish translation.
  • minimum system requirements are now Windows 7 and a processor with SSE2 instruction set.

Bug Fixes

• undo did not undo last edit operation if text field had focus. (#15438)
  • applying presets at action groups dialog enabled all currently selected action groups.
  • changes that only affected upper / lower case in Tag Panel fields were ignored (since v3.05d). (#52376)
  • file list scrolls back to leftmost position after saving or undoing changes. (#17428)
  • file list scrolls back to leftmost position when selecting multiple files in some cases. (#48411, #51675)
  • suggest sorting of tag-sources result by length did only work if tag source provided lengths in seconds. (#48420)
3 Likes

I've just released Mp3tag v3.06a as a hotfix release for Mp3tag v3.06. I've introduced an issue where using the freedb lookup (yes, it's still used and supported) resulted in an undefined application state (sometimes freeze, sometimes crash).

Thanks to the handful of people who reported this issue!

3 Likes