My system: Windows 7 sp1 32 bit, MP3tag 2.51, Flac files, files on ReadyNAS Pioneer Edition with latest software 4.2.20
I have this problem from time to time and nothing else worked for me such as:
- making myself owner, if I was Not
- running mp3tag as admin
- only selecting directories to edit from within Mp3tag (Cntl-D)
- Even moving that album dir down to PC and going through everything above.
This works for every case I encounter without doing ANY of the above.
The problem is the embedded coverart, the jpg I must have put in with another tool besides Mp3tag, or possibly downloaded those FLACs with pre-existing "trouble" cover art!
MP3tag cannot edit or delete tags for these files and therefore you cannot use it in this case.
- You MUST delete only the cover art, embedded jpg from each of the files in this album
- I tried with foobar, dbpower amps IDEdit, etc. and they say they deleted the cover art, but did not and when going back to MP3Tag, the cover art was still there and Mp3tag could still not do any editing of tags
- I finally went to my old Tag&Rename, selected all the files, right clicked and picked Edit Selected Files, and deleted the cover art from there - which it did perfectly!
- going back to MP3tag, the cover art was gone, I could edit any of the tags I wanted to and then I just added the external jpg file back into the tags of the files with MP3tag and it did so perfectly
- at this point all the files in this album is fully functional with MP3tag again!!!!
I'm sure Tag&Rename is NOT the only way to kill these bad embedded cover art files, but it does work for sure. I'm not ruling out that it was Tag&Rename that I may have used that did the corruption. I'll also note that Tag&Rename would allow me to edit the tags even before ripping out the embedded cover art, but I do not want to use it. It can't do anything I need compared to Mp3tag.
Hope this helps, been meaning to write this up as a payback for all the help I got here.