Here is an .mta rules file (attached) that will captitalize Roman numerals I through XXX in file tags.
Before: Vi. Visitation from Alpha vI
After: VI. Visitation from Alpha VI
Note that "Vi" in "Visitation" is preserved while Roman numerals are correctly capitalized
- If MP3Tag is running, close it
- Copy the Numerals.mta file to your MP3Tag folder (e. g. C:\Documents and Settings[username]\Application Data\Mp3tag\data\actions
- Re-run MP3Tag
- Select audio file(s) with Roman numerals in the tag
- Select the "Actions" from the Convert menu
- Enable the checkbox for the "Numerals" rule.
- Click OK
Here is the basic template:
Find: detect any case of 'VI' ([v|V] [i|I]), with either a leading (^) space (\s) or trailing ($) space or both, or a trailing period (.) in case of 'VI.'
Replace: Preserve any leading text ($1), replace 'Vi' with 'VI' and also preserve any trailing text ($2).
If you like your numerals in lower case, you'll need to change the Replace in each rule to lower case, such as: $1vi$2
MANY MANY MANY thanks to the MP3Tag developers for giving me hours of my life back!
Numerals.mta (1.87 KB)