Action to copy field between two files

Hi all,

I am having to transcode many WMA files to Flac in order to use them with Music ip on my Logitech Squeezebox. Is it possible to write an action to copy certain fields from the existing WMA files to ther newly created Flac counterparts? ie: Cover art and custom fields which are not picked up during the conversion.

The location and file name is the same with the exception of the filename suffix:
oldfile.WMA - newfile.Flac

Thanks,

Chris

Tags: Selective Copy and Pasting?

You can do this with the export function (which is then more script based) to create a text file first that you then read in for the empty files.

Or, if this is only a a rare occasion, the special functions from the file-list-context-menu to copy tags and paste tags might work just as nice - provided you have the same sequence and number of files for the source and the target files.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Could you explain the "file-list-context-menu" please. I am not familiar with it.

Thanks you.

Chris

Load the source files into MP3tag.
Select the source files in the files list.
Right-click on one of the selected files to open the context menu of the files list.
Select the function "Copy tag".
Load the target files into MP3tag.
Make sure that they are in the same sequence as the source files were.
Select the target files in the files list.
Right-click on one of the selected files to open the context menu of the files list.
Select the function "Paste tag".

Tags should now be tranferred.

Duh!!! Sorry, I was being thick. I didn't think of that, it will work perfectly.

Again, many thanks.

Chris