Can I remove/copy some text from all the songs tags?

Hi
I have already asked but I guess the mod close it

about the titles tag names ,for example song name (remaster ) and another songs called ( original )

I just want to remove from in the field everything inside the () and included "(" and ")"
in short keep only the title
can I remove all the (*) using the wildcards with empty ?
and can I copy and remove some tags like (*) from the titles to comment and remove from the title
thanks
I have asked herein this forum

If that what you want to remove is always enclosed in brackets, then try:
Convert>Tag-Tag for TITLE
Format string: $regexp(%title%,\s*\(.*\),)

1 Like

hi
but can i use with quick action too ?
replace
title
original $regexp(%title%,\s*\(.*\),)
replace with

immagine

You can create either an action of the type "Format value" with the same expression.

Or use an action of the type "Replace with regular expression" where you set the 3 parts of the $regexp() into the corresponding parts of the action dialogue.

hi

If that what you want to remove is always enclosed in brackets, then try:
Convert>Tag-Tag for TITLE
Format string: $regexp(%title%,\s*\(.*\),)

it works

but

Or use an action of the type "Replace with regular expression" where you set the 3 parts of the $regexp() into the corresponding parts of the action dialogue.

but "Replace with regular expression" doesn't work
Xxc3aCr

ohrenkino , do you think could be added wildcards ? Would be amazing ,think about not high end user but just novices, do you think could ask ? just only "?" and "*"
thanks

Yes. That is right.
Yo have to split the scritping function $regexp into the 3 parts that you have to enter in the action dialogue:
%title% -> FIeld TITLE
Regular expression: \s*\(.*\)
Replace matches with:
(leave empty)

1 Like

hi ohrenkino
do you think could be asked to add only ? and * like new a feature ?
I know regular expression are very very powerful but just not easy for most of users
thanks

Did the action work now?

Did the action work now?

Hi
yes it works
nothing about the possibility to add wildcards
thanks

Could you please show us an example how you would like to see your "wildcards"?
Because the * and the .* in ohrenkinos regular expression already are wildcards.

Could you please show us an example how you would like to see your "wildcards"?
Because the * and the .* in ohrenkinos regular expression already are wildcards

Hi
for example let's say the title is xxx(remastered 2005) or the album name is Transformer(remaster new)
replace album name or titles/album with %titles% or %album% "minus (" or even " -("
I know it's and could pretty hard to add "wildcards" , regular expressions hard to know and to learn for many users
I know there is the forum , and great users like ohrenkinos
It 's just an idea to make mp3tag more easy to use ,that'sall
thanks

I could imagine an intermediate simple replace function in which you get an extra option "Search term includes wildcards" and you get ? for a single character, * for any number of characters and # for a digit.
The "Replace with" would contain only string constants, no wildcards.
But I am not the developer.
But until then, the much more powerful regular expressions are the only way.

And in general: feature requests are best posted in the "General" section.

A post was split to a new topic: Transform rating stars into values and vice versa

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.