Can mp3tag move AND rename ALL files from one directory to another?

Hello, Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone!

I'd like to know, if mp3tag is capable of moving non-mp3 files as well as removing dead folders. Maybe even in one step.

foobar does this pretty well, but I'd like to do this task with mp3tag since it has enhanced scripting functionality.

For example I have the following situation:

Album Artist\Album\01. Title One.mp3
Album Artist\Album\02. Title Two.mp3
Album Artist\Album\03. Title Three.mp3
Album Artist\Album\10. Title Ten.mp3
Album Artist\Album\folder.jpg
Album Artist\Album\cover.jpg
Album Artist\Album\info.jpg

What I want to get is this:

Album Artist\Album Artist - [Year] Album\Artist - 01 - Title One.mp3
Album Artist\Album Artist - [Year] Album\Artist - 02 - Title Two.mp3
etc.

I already found some topics, so maybe this question can be merged... but I'm not sure about that...
topic 1
topic 2
topic 3

Greetings
Vittorio

For me it is not quite clear what should happen to the source folder:
Should it be kept?
Then use the function Convert>Tag-Filename and include preferably a fully qualified filename with everything, drive letter, full path and filename. This moves only the files to the new destination.
If you want to rename the folder and the files, then it is a 2 step action (or the application of 2 converters):
One step to rename the files and keep them in the current folder. -> this is the well-know function Convert>Tag-Filename.
The other stept to rename only the folder and take all including files with it. ->This is the function Convert>Tag-Tag for _DIRECTORY. Enter the full path except the filename.

Then use the function Convert>Tag-Filename and include preferably a fully qualified filename with everything, drive letter, full path and filename. This moves only the files to the new destination.
If you want to rename the folder and the files, then it is a 2 step action (or the application of 2 converters):
One step to rename the files and keep them in the current folder. -> this is the well-know function Convert>Tag-Filename.
The other stept to rename only the folder and take all including files with it. ->This is the function Convert>Tag-Tag for _DIRECTORY. Enter the full path except the filename.

Thanks for your reply, but I don't understand how this could be done.

1. "a 2-step action"
    do you mean [ALT]+[6] Action groups?
    It doesn't seem that "Convert Tag>Filename" is available as an action.
  2. "rename only the folder and take all including files with it"
    What does "Convert Tag>Tag" for "_DIRECTORY" mean?
    There is no such field like "_DIRECTORY"
    Could you give me an example?

Yes, there is. You have to type it in.
You did not answer the question

Yes, that was a little ambiguous, talking about "action" and then tell about the "Convert" functions.
I meant the Convert function which have to be applied in 2 steps.

Ohrenkinos solution refers to the functions of the Converter-menue, which is very good for beginners because it has a preview. You can immediately see the result of your format strings and test them.

But you can do it also with an action-group:

1. Action:
    Type: Format Value
    Field: : _FILENAME
    Format String: %artist% - %track% - %title%

2. Action:
    Type: Format Value
    Field: _DIRECTORY
    Format String: D:\Mp3s\%albumartist%\%albumartist% - '['%year%']' %album%\

Be aware that under some conditions the former directory will remain and empty.
You can delete empty directories later with one of the many tools like
" Remove Empty Directories" or "Delete empty folders" or "Empty Folder Nuker" in one go.

_FILENAME and _DIRECTORY are not tag-fields, they are information field within MP3Tag but they work also with format value.