Conditional block

Is there any trick to make multiple actions conditional on a single test? E.g. the highlighted block here, where the same test is repeated in each action expression:

Any other suggestions to simplify this code are welcome too. Thanks.

Not that I'm aware of. I've suggest this several times in the past. Even a way to break out of an action group would be welcome and could be used to conditionally execute either the whole group or the remaining actions within the group.

Similarly, I have a set of actions that are all conditional upon the file type/extension. My MP3 files are only loaded on my portable players, which have simpler tag recognition than my normal player at home for FLAC files. So the MP3 files have some fields removed and some fields formatted a little differently. Basically, there are two ways to do that: either create an 'MP3' action group and tick the checkbox when executing a set of action groups on MP3 files, or else grind it out and include the conditional in every one of a bunch of Format Value actions. I chose the latter method, then I don't have to worry about what type of file I'm working on.

Thanks JJ.

I'm increasingly feeling the need for that. I'll post the wish separately, so Florian is sure to see it :slight_smile:

PS One shortcoming of the above technique is that operations 'excluded' by the conditional set Date Modified regardless.

I quite agree with this!
Count me in.

I already gave my opinion about this on the other thread, so I'm not going to repeat myself, but you can check it at:
Wish: a way to break out of an action group