Corsican update for version 3.09a

Hello @Florian ,

Please find attached an update of Corsican localization which has just been based on Mp3tag version 3.09a.

Corsican 3.09a.lng.zip (10.3 KB)

By the way, is there a way - via a distribution list, or another notification method - to be informed when they are new or modified strings in file English.lng?

Best regards,
Patriccollu.

Hello @Florian ,

My latest Corsican localization was delivered with Mp3tag version 3.10. Great!

But I noticed that all the No-Break Space characters (Alt+0160) have been suppressed. Does that mean that this character is not supported in the language files? If you confirm, I will replace them in the future by normal spaces.

Best regards,
Patriccollu.

Hello Patriccollu,

many thanks for the translation update! I wasn't sure about those extra spaces — is this something that's required by the Corsican language or is this a personal preference?

Also, there were some other issues with the language file, namely using = as separator between key and value in some cases (_C_OPT_APPEARANCE).

Regarding your question of a central place to get notified on new language strings, I was thinking about a topic in #development:translations where I could post a reply whenever there is an update. If you then subscribe to the topic, you would get notified.

@Florian
Hello Florian,

As far as I know, it's a punctuation rule, as in French, which avoids having a sign (colon, semicolon, question mark, exclamation mark,...) alone on a line after a break. So, for a next version, may I use this special character or do I have to use a normal space?

Shame on me :wink: for having forgotten the equal sign in the final version I sent you. Actually, I use OmegaT for my translations and the .lng files have usually a 'key=value' format. For Mp3tag, I use a first Notepad++ macro which replaces the first occurrence of a space by an equal sign on each string. And I have a second macro which does the reverse change. As I added 'on the fly' the 6 new C_OPT_APPEARANCE strings, I just forgot to change the equal sign back to a normal space.

Yes, I think that a specific topic in Translations' forum could do the job: being notified when there is an update.

Cheers,
Patriccollu.