disable text boxes when no mp3 is selected

I would like to see a feature that if no mp3 is selected in the program, all the tag editing text boxes are disabled or grayed out... there has been several cases where I thought an mp3 was selected and/or somehow got unselected during my typing and the save option is grayed out because nothing is selected... hence wasting time typing the information in when it's useless because nothing was selected and when I select an mp3, the boxes erase themselves... I think disabling or graying out the input boxes when nothing is selected will help prevent this issue in the future...

1 Like

I like this idea. A LOT.

Closely related: When a file or files are selected, the Tag Panel fields are populated. If you click the blank area within the file view, all files are de-selected, but the Tag Panel fields remain populated. They should go blank and be disabled, as in the suggestion above.

Where in the file list view is this blank area located ???

DD.20121214.0324.CET

When launching Mp3tag with a single album, the file list window is largely empty (below the files). This will depend on how many files are in view and the height of the window, of course. There's no real reason to click within this area as a normal part of your work flow, but one way it happens is when moving between applications and clicking back within Mp3tag to return.

Yes, I can see that there is a need to disable the Tag Panel when the List View's save status is disabled (floppy icon is greyed).

DD.20121214.0726.CET

count me in, it happens so often that I fill in for nothing. It already works for the cover image!

1 Like

This has been bugging me for years and years! I keep hoping that it will be fixed when a new version comes out, but so far no luck.

It seems like such a simple fix to disable the panel whenever the save icon is greyed out and unavailable.