This new version breaks with some known behavior and introduces two changes that were requested quite often in the past. One reason I hadn’t addressed this yet, was my own being so accustomed to Mp3tag’s behavior — we’re speaking about a 20+ year-long habit here
Maybe it also happened to you: you started filling the fields on the Tag Panel and only later noticed that no file was selected yet. Selecting one file then replaced what was entered with what was read from the selected file — not ideal and sometimes a reason for frustration. This is a thing of the past because the fields on the Tag Panel are now only enabled if at least one file is selected.
Mp3tag provides means to automatically save any changes when the selection changes (it can be enabled via Tools → Options → Tags). But not everybody wants that and if the option is disabled, any unsaved changes were discarded on selection change. This is also not happening anymore: I’ve added a confirmation question if the Tag Panel contains unsaved changes and auto-saving is not enabled.
It’s sometimes difficult to look with fresh eyes and now that I’ve implemented those changes and used them over the past weeks, they almost seem normal again.
As always, thank you for reading, your interest and your support.
Enjoy and take care
Click here to expand
- added confirmation question if the Tag Panel contains unsaved changes and auto-saving is not enabled. (#53202)
- added status bar indicator for long-running filtering operations. (#52917)
- added support for FLAC in MP4.
- added Armenian translation.
- remember previous image quality when adjusting cover art. (#53375)
- Tag Panel fields are only enabled if at least one file is selected. (#14229)
- VorbisComment block is now always written before Picture block for FLAC as a workaround for an issue in Windows. (#53554)
- installer is now Unicode-enabled.
- updated Brazilian Portuguese, Catalan, Czech, Hungarian, Italian, Slovak, Spanish, Turkish, and Ukrainian translation.
- added special handling for ID3v2 comment descriptions
- cuesheet entries were not listed as separate files if audio information of referenced file cannot be read (since v3.03d). (#53743)