Mp3tag v3.08 released

Mp3tag v3.08 released

This new version breaks with some known behavior and introduces two changes that were requested quite often in the past. One reason I hadn’t addressed this yet, was my own being so accustomed to Mp3tag’s behavior — we’re speaking about a 20+ year-long habit here :smiley:

Usability improvements for Tag Panel

Maybe it also happened to you: you started filling the fields on the Tag Panel and only later noticed that no file was selected yet. Selecting one file then replaced what was entered with what was read from the selected file — not ideal and sometimes a reason for frustration. This is a thing of the past because the fields on the Tag Panel are now only enabled if at least one file is selected.

Usability improvements regarding unsaved changes

Mp3tag provides means to automatically save any changes when the selection changes (it can be enabled via Tools → Options → Tags). But not everybody wants that and if the option is disabled, any unsaved changes were discarded on selection change. This is also not happening anymore: I’ve added a confirmation question if the Tag Panel contains unsaved changes and auto-saving is not enabled.

It’s sometimes difficult to look with fresh eyes and now that I’ve implemented those changes and used them over the past weeks, they almost seem normal again.

:rocket: Download the new version

https://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html

:orange_heart: Support my work as an Indie Developer

https://www.mp3tag.de/en/donations.html

As always, thank you for reading, your interest and your support.

Enjoy and take care
— Florian

Additional Features and Fixes

Click here to expand

New Features

• added confirmation question if the Tag Panel contains unsaved changes and auto-saving is not enabled. (#53202)
  • added status bar indicator for long-running filtering operations. (#52917)
  • added support for FLAC in MP4.
  • added Armenian translation.

Changes

• remember previous image quality when adjusting cover art. (#53375)
  • Tag Panel fields are only enabled if at least one file is selected. (#14229)
  • VorbisComment block is now always written before Picture block for FLAC as a workaround for an issue in Windows. (#53554)
  • installer is now Unicode-enabled.
  • updated Brazilian Portuguese, Catalan, Czech, Hungarian, Italian, Slovak, Spanish, Turkish, and Ukrainian translation.

Bug Fixes

• added special handling for ID3v2 comment descriptions Songs-DB_Custom6 to Songs-DB_Custom10.
  • cuesheet entries were not listed as separate files if audio information of referenced file cannot be read (since v3.03d). (#53743)
7 Likes

Finally

For me personally this is so logical behavior that I am unable to express just how much

A post was split to a new topic: Additional spaces when renaming files