Export to Text

Would it be possible to implement a feature that generates a simple text file with a list of album names in your collection? I know I can export a playlist, but it's not what I want. I also don't want a robust HTML list, just something simple. If there's already a feature that does this, please point me in its direction. Thanks.

Converting script to use with multiple albums

You didnt explain so god, so I made the simplest export.

~ milka

Thank you very much. I'll try it out.

OK. It works for the most part. Is there any way I could have it this way:

Artist - Title [Year]

I hope I'm not asking for too much. Is there any documentation I can look at to learn more about variables and formatting? Thanks.

You could look in the help: http://www.help.mp3tag.de/en/options_export.html

Try this.

Wow, that's a step in the right direction. I'm getting the correct amount of albums per artist and all the artist names are correct, but instead of getting album names, I'm getting track names in place of album names. For example:

A Silver Mt. Zion - C'mon Come On (Lose an Endless Longing) [2001]
A Silver Mt. Zion - For Wanda [2000]
A Silver Mt. Zion - Hang on to Each Other [2005]
A Silver Mt. Zion - Sow Some Lonesome Corners So Many Flowers Bloom [2003]

I have exactly 4 A Silver Mt. Zion albums. It has the correct year for each one of these albums. The only thing wrong is that it's giving me a track name in place of the album name. "C'mon Come On (Lose and Endless Longing) is the name of one of the tracks from their 2001 album, "Born into Trouble as the Sparks Fly Updward." Do you know what went wrong?

You sad you wont "Artist - Title [Year]"!
Fixed milkaSimpleTextFile_txt_album_list.zip (333 Bytes)

milkaSimpleTextFile_txt_album_list.zip (333 Bytes)

milka's exports

Haha. Sorry for the mixup. All is working very well now. I've been looking for a tool that could do this since... forever. Thank you very much. I could have never done it myself.

Hello Milka - I am returning to this post as it is the closest to my requirements. Because I don't have much grasp of scripting nor understanding of the terminology - I am struggling. I wonder if you or another experienced contributor can point me in the direction of information that can expand on and explain the export configuration information contained in the Mp3tag Help section (http://www.help.mp3tag.de/en/options_export.html).

Because I want a simple one line per album output (no tracks) like the original poster - it is not simple (for me) to modify configuration notation so that I can have the output with the fields I specify in the order I want.

I need the output: Artist - Year - Album - Genre - customfield - customfield

Many thanks, Craig.

That's great, but it seems to me that it puts the artist of the first song as album artist if multiple artists in a single folder (i.e. various artists' albums)