[F] Cannot drop files dragged from a Plain View selection from FreeCommander

bug-fixed

Mp3tag: 2.87
FreeCommander: XE 2018 Build 770 32-bit public

In filehandler FreeCommander there is this option of making a Plan View: all sub-folders disappear and all of the files from them are presented as if there are stored in one folder; even if the filenames repeat themselves [which of course normally is not possible]. This option can be activated and turned off in FC with the CTRL + B keyboard shortcut

So what is the problem? Well, I can drag those files to copy them within FreeCommander [to the other panel]. I can also drag them to Mp3tag- but dropping them on it has no effect

This is probably not a bug but just a way Mp3tg works. Because I can successfully drop the same selection upon Winamp 5.666 but unsuccessfully upon Media Player Classic x64 1.7.10.252- so one player can load such selection while other cannot

But I wish Mp3tag would behave in the same way as Winamp. Plan View saves me time- but if I have to copy that set of files to some other location [and also sometimes deal with doubled / triples filenames] all that additional bidding beats the purpose of using something like Plain View

And to be precise: it seems that with Mp3tag the problem with the location of files. If I select only those from the parent folder, I can drop them on Mp3tag [and MPC]. I can also select a single file from a sub-folder a drop it succesfully. But I cannot drop more than 2 files from a sub-folder. [So maybe after all it is a bug?]

Multiple export results at the same time are not available

I've did some research on this issue and will most likely come up with a workaround for the next release.

Background for the FreeCommander developer:

Getting data via
FORMATETC etc = {CF_HDROP, nullptr, DVASPECT_CONTENT, -1, TYMED_HGLOBAL};
works while
FORMATETC etc = {CF_HDROP, nullptr, DVASPECT_CONTENT, -1, TYMED_HGLOBAL | TYMED_MFPICT};
doesn't. Seems to be overly restrictive, but no problem to workaround.

I just reported this on the FreeCommander's forum:
https://freecommander.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8606

I've added the workaround with the current Development Build Mp3tag v2.87d.

I can attest that in Mp3tag version 2.88a there is no longer problem with that kind of selection being dropped on it from FreeCommander

Thank you for taking care of of it

[I also posted info about this development on the FC forum]