I'm trying to ...
- Remove any brackets round the featuring/feat/ft entry
- Change the wording to always be "feat."
- Move the entry from the 'Title' field to the 'Artist' field
I found an answer (in bits) in German but it seems to have lost something in translation. Couldn't find an English answer.
Here's the conversion.........
Regular expression "_ALL":"((feat[^)]))"->"$1"
Replace "_ALL":"FT. , ft. , FT , ft. , FEAT , ft. , FEAT. , ft. , FEATURING , ft. , Ft , ft. , ft , ft. , Feat , ft. , feat , ft. , Feat. , ft. , feat. , ft. , Featuring , ft. , featuring , ft. "->" feat. "
Format value "ARTIST": %artist%$mid(%title%,$strstr(%title%, feat.),$len(%title%))
Regular expression "TITLE":"feat. .$"->"$1"
Only the first step works and only for anything beginning with 'feat'. If I could get step 2 to work, I'd move it up to position 1 thus ensuring bracket removal always worked (i.e. without having to add the 'ft' variable)
Can anyone sort this out. I've ordered a book on regular expressions but it won't arrive this year.
Addendum: Nearly there. Have added another line after line 1 to remove the brackets round 'ft'. There must be a way to incorporate it in step 1 but at least this works.
I've removed the 'REPLACE' instruction and added a Regular expression ( featuring | feat. | feat | ft. | ft ) replacing matches with feat. (with a leading space). The spaces are included because 'feat' and 'ft' would become 'feat.<someone>' although 'featuring' 'feat.' and 'ft.' all formatted OK as 'feat. <someone>'.
Now all are OK and the only hurdle left is to remove 'feat. from the title field.
No doubt this is the sledgehammer approach but at least it works as far as it goes.