Filtering changed?

Used to be able to type in %_filename% HAS "ft" and would list only filenames with ft in them, now it does nothing.

No complex filtering, :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:
Why is the "free" Windows version better??? Very confused by this!!!

Gotta do to much the long way.

Revisiting you recent topics here in this Community, I have the impression that you're expecting Mp3tag for Mac to be a 1:1 copy of the Windows version. As you've noticed, this is not the case and it's also not my plan for the Mac version.

You might not know this, but complex filtering also wasn't part of version 1.0 of the Windows version. Not because it doesn't make sense to have it here, but mainly because someone has to do the work to make it a reality. If you're curious about how Mp3tag for Mac evolved in the past year, you can revisit the Changelog and see what features were added. This is how it's working and I plan to continue on doing so.

It's also one of the reasons I'm offering a trial version (where only days you're using the app are counted). This way, everyone can look and check if the current feature set is enough to make it worth the price. If not — no problem. It's also one of the reasons I keep this open and public communication channel. This way, users can raise interest in specific features, discuss with each other and so on.

There is already a topic that asks for complex filtering for the Mac version and I'm working on it — I'm also counting your vote for that :slight_smile: Just wanted to clarify that because something exists in the Windows version (on which I'm working on for the past 20 years), doesn't mean it also has to be (already) available with the Mac version.

1 Like

Already payed for it, thought it was a port from Windows, my fault for not checking on that. More than happy to pay for it, been using the Windows version for years. Nothing compares to the work flow and actions that can be accomplished with mp3tag. I’m pretty sure that there are some Mac programming pros and cons, but every software that I’ve used on both Mac and Win…the Mac version has always been more stable, without losing features, sometimes gaining features. I personnally am trying to move completely to Mac. I’m sure things will get ironed out with the Mac version over time. The good thing is that all my advanced actions from the Windows version seem to work on the Mac version, a couple of hiccups, but been tweaking them.

I've just released Mp3tag for Mac v1.2.0 with support for Filter Expressions.

Thanks, gotta see how it works now. :+1: :+1:

Is this version on the app store? Only goes up to v1.1.4.

Yes it is. You probably need to press Cmd+R on the Update tab in the Mac App Store app to refresh the list of updates.

Wow, learn something new everyday! Thanks

1 Like